Original STL Library Documentation has been recovered and is now safe forever.

Original STL Library Documentation has been recovered and is now safe forever.

Boost - Dev mailing list
The Standard Template Library is the foundation of modern C++. The
creation and publication of this code and its documentation set a new
standard for the formal specification of what a computer program should
do, how it should be designed and how it should be formally documented.
These pages were maintained first by Silicon Graphics and then later by
Hewett-Packard. In January of 2018 these pages were removed by H-P. This
is a historic blunder. I have recovered the original STL Library
Document and hosted them here:

http://www.rrsd.com/software_development/stl/index.htm

Robert Ramey

Re: Original STL Library Documentation has been recovered and is now safe forever.

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 13 April 2018 at 01:31, Robert Ramey via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The Standard Template Library is the foundation of modern C++.
> [...]
> I have recovered the original STL Library Document and hosted them here:
>
> http://www.rrsd.com/software_development/stl/index.htm

Robert,

Kudos!

Re: Original STL Library Documentation has been recovered and is now safe forever.

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 1:31 AM, Robert Ramey via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Standard Template Library is the foundation of modern C++. The
> creation and publication of this code and its documentation set a new
> standard for the formal specification of what a computer program should do,
> how it should be designed and how it should be formally documented. These
> pages were maintained first by Silicon Graphics and then later by
> Hewett-Packard. In January of 2018 these pages were removed by H-P. This is
> a historic blunder. I have recovered the original STL Library Document and
> hosted them here:
>
> http://www.rrsd.com/software_development/stl/index.htm
>
> Robert Ramey

‚ÄčThis is an excellent gift to the community!

Thanks,
Francesco‚Äč