Numeric bindings repository

Nasos Iliopoulos
Hello,
I think it would be a good time to migrate the numeric bindings to a
github repository and I would suggest
https://github.com/uBLAS/numeric-bindings (not created yet) for that.

I am not sure whether it would be worthwhile migrating the svn history
to github, as it was done with the rest of boost, but I remember it was
far from a trivial task. Please let us know your preferences.

I suppose Thomas and and Rutger have the authority to take the decisions
here and their response would be much appreciated.

Best,
Nasos

Sent to: [hidden email]

Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: Numeric bindings repository

Rutger ter Borg-2

Hey Nasos,

great, my copy was already at
https://github.com/terborg/numeric_bindings including the full svn history.

If I can help in the transition to github, please let me know.

Cheers,

Rutger

Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: Numeric bindings repository

Nasos Iliopoulos
That's great!

I  mirrored your repository into
https://github.com/uBLAS/numeric-bindings. Before  considering this the
official numeric bindings repository I suggest waiting a few days in
case there are objections or other concerns.

If other stakeholders wish to have access to this repo please respond
with your github account name here.

Best,
Nasos

On 05/19/2015 03:47 AM, Rutger ter Borg wrote:
> et me k

Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: Numeric bindings repository

Thomas Klimpel-2
> If other stakeholders wish to have access to this repo please respond
> with your github account name here.

klimpel

> I mirrored your repository into
> https://github.com/uBLAS/numeric-bindings. Before considering this the
> official numeric bindings repository I suggest waiting a few days in
> case there are objections or other concerns.

Would it be possible to change the repository name from numeric-bindings to numeric_bindings (such that the repository numeric-bindings would no longer exist)?

Best Regards,
Thomas
Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: Numeric bindings repository

Nasos Iliopoulos
Of course. Reinitialized with the name changed to numeric_bindings and
deleted the old one.

The bindings repository now is:

https://github.com/uBLAS/numeric_bindings

I tagged the current version for referencing and easy download:
https://github.com/uBLAS/numeric_bindings/releases/tag/boost_numeric_bindings_v0.99

It would be great if we can start with a short description to put on the
Readme.md file.

Also do you have any suggestions regarding version numbers? Should we
start with 1.0 after everything is setup properly on github or you feel
more comfortable with something else?

-Nasos

Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: Numeric bindings repository

Thomas Klimpel-2
> It would be great if we can start with a short description to put on the
> Readme.md file.

Here is the existing documentation:

https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/numeric_bindings-v1/libs/numeric/bindings/doc/index.html
https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/numeric_bindings/libs/numeric/bindings/doc/html/index.html

Is it possible with GitHub to have a directly usable link to the documentation? Is there such a link for uBlas itself?
Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: Numeric bindings repository

Nasos Iliopoulos
Thomas,
please see below:

On 05/19/2015 10:25 AM, Thomas Klimpel wrote:
>> It would be great if we can start with a short description to put on the
>> Readme.md file.
>
> Here is the existing documentation:
>
> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/numeric_bindings-v1/libs/numeric/bindings/doc/index.html
> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/numeric_bindings/libs/numeric/bindings/doc/html/index.html

I already added a short description from the documentation. I need to
make sure we stress a bit more the fact that the numeric bindings are
not strictly bound to uBlas.
> Is it possible with GitHub to have a directly usable link to the documentation? Is there such a link for uBlas itself?
> ____
We cannot host a webpage to github (we can link to one though). I am
evaluating alternatives right now but I think we either need a hosting
solution or convert to the github wiki format.

-Nasos
Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: Numeric bindings repository

David Bellot
​If we can convert to github wiki it's easier to manage in the future.​

Sent to: [hidden email]

Nasos wrote:
> Thomas Klimpel wrote:
> > Is it possible with GitHub to have a directly usable link to the documentation? Is there such a link for uBlas itself?
> > ____
>
> We cannot host a webpage to github (we can link to one though).
> I am evaluating alternatives right now but I think we either
> need a hosting solution or convert to the github wiki format.

The following link seems to work:

https://rawgit.com/uBLAS/numeric_bindings/master/libs/numeric/bindings/doc/html/index.html

However, RawGit says:

 * For sharing **low-traffic, temporary examples or demos** with small numbers of people.
 * Excessive traffic may lead to throttling and blacklisting.
 * New changes you push to GitHub will be reflected within minutes.
 * If excessive traffic continues after throttling and blacklisting, RawGit may display an error message to users on your site to try to get your attention.

I guess the numeric bindings dcoumentation won't create a huge amount of trafic, so this should work as a temporary solution.

Regards,

Thomas Klimpel
Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: Numeric bindings repository

Nasos Iliopoulos
I didn't know about that. It looks great. Until we find a permanent
solution we will deal with any issues if they arise.

-Nasos

On 05/26/2015 10:14 AM, Thomas Klimpel wrote:
> t create a huge amo

Sent to: [hidden email]