Newbie question regarding complation with Visual Studia .NET

Newbie question regarding complation with Visual Studia .NET

vijay choudhary-2

Hi,
I am using STLport-4.5.3 and I am also using Microsoft Visual C++ .NET
(Microsoft Development Environment 2003 Version 7.1.3088)as IDE for my
project. I am trying to use regex in my application but I have some
doubts and I am not able to link my application with boost_1_33_1.

 * Where should STLPORT_PATH should point to. I have set it to

"C:\STLport" where STLport contains directories such as "STLport-4.5.3"
etc. Is that correct?

*  Then I switched to directory c:\boost\boost_1_33_1\libs\regex\build
*   Then I run "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Vc7\bin\vcvars32.bat"

*   Then I run the following command nmake -f vc71-stlport.mak. It works
OK.
*   When I run the following command "nmake -fvc71-stlport.mak install"
I got an error as follows:

Building  Boost.Regex without ICU / Unicode support

Hint:set ICU_PATH on the name command  line to point  to your  ICU
installation if you have one.

NMAKE : fatal error U1073: Don't know how to make
'"C:\STLport\stlport\string"'

Stop.

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Regards:
Vijay Kumar
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail transmission and any documents, files, or previous e-mail
messages appended or attached to it, may contain information that is
confidential or legally privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended
printing, distribution, or use of the information contained or attached
to this transmission is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this
transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone
(091.0172.2299512) or return e-mail message ([hidden email]) and
delete the original transmission, its attachments, and any copies
without reading or saving in any manner. Thank you.

Re: Newbie question regarding complation with VisualStudia .NET

John Maddock
> *         Where should STLPORT_PATH should point to. I have set it to
>
> C:\STLport where STLport contains directories such as "STLport-4.5.3"
> etc. Is that correct?

Nope, for the makesfile set it to the directory containing the specific
STLport version you want to build against - it should have a subdirectory
called "stlport" containing all the std lib headers.  So probably:

SET STLPORT_PATH=C:\STLport\STLport-4.5.3

would do the trick.

HTH, John Maddock.