My last message

Boost - Users mailing list
Hi, everyone.

Did you guys see my last message?  I really need to get a reply ASAP.

Re: My last message

Boost - Users mailing list
On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 6:25 AM Osman Zakir via Boost-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Did you guys see my last message?  I really need to get a reply ASAP.

I just saw the last message. Perhaps you might include the exact build
output and maybe a sample of the source code which is failing?

Thanks

Re: My last message

Boost - Users mailing list
Is there a way to get build logs for Boost?  I'll post them if I can.

And I'll put this here too (a link to an issue I opened at the Boost.Asio GitHub page): https://github.com/boostorg/asio/issues/184

Re: My last message

Boost - Users mailing list
> Is there a way to get build logs for Boost?  I'll post them if I can.

I always build with this to get details of what happens during the build:
./b2 -d2

Re: My last message

Boost - Users mailing list
If I pass that flag to it, will I get a log file or do I have to keep watch on Boost.Build run the whole way through?

Re: My last message

Boost - Users mailing list
On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 8:45 AM Osman Zakir via Boost-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> If I pass that flag to it, will I get a log file or do I have to keep watch on Boost.Build run the whole way through?

In the time it takes for you to get a response to that question, you
could try it both ways. Work smarter not harder. Or actually in this
case, I guess it really is work harder :) :) :)

Regards

Re: My last message

Boost - Users mailing list
I couldn't get the whole thing from when I ran the .\b2 command.  I just copy-pasted what was left in the command prompt and made a log file of it.  It's attached to this message.

And here's how I ran b2:
"
.\b2 -d2 --layout=versioned --prefix=C:/Boost_llvm --build-dir=C:/Boost_llvm/build --build-type=complete
"

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> If I pass that flag to it, will I get a log file or do I have to keep watch on Boost.Build run the whole way through?

In the time it takes for you to get a response to that question, you
could try it both ways. Work smarter not harder. Or actually in this
case, I guess it really is work harder :) :) :)

Regards

boost-build.log (961K) Download Attachment

Re: My last message

> If I pass that flag to it, will I get a log file or do I have to keep watch on Boost.Build run the whole way through?

You'll have to redirect the output to a file. Just try and you'll see.

Re: My last message

Boost - Users mailing list
Do I need to search how to do that on Windows in general, or do I need to find the way to do that specifically for b2 itself?  If it's the latter, please tell me how do it.  Otherwise I'll just do a web search for how to do this on the Windows command line.

Re: My last message

Boost - Users mailing list
b2 has a command/parameter for that: b2 -omylog.log

But, on windows, it works like on linux: b2 ... stuff ... > output.log [a redirect], and if you want to append to an existing file b2 ... stuff ... >> output.log. Command line reference [including bash/powershell/ios and more]: https://ss64.com/

degski
--
If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein