Move generated spirit docs to the sandbox

Move generated spirit docs to the sandbox

Daniel James-3
Hi,

I removed the fusion docs from trunk a while back, and replaced them
with a redirect to the sourceforge sandbox. I think we agreed to do
this for spirit as well, but I didn't at the time as I hadn't set up
the index yet, but I set that up a little while ago, you can see the
documentation at:

http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/libs/spirit/doc/html/index.html

So, is it okay to go ahead with this? I haven't noticed any comments
on the fusion change. Obviously, I'll make sure they're included
correctly in the beta (which should happen automatically).

Daniel

Re: Move generated spirit docs to the sandbox

TONGARI J
2011/10/16 Daniel James <[hidden email]>
Hi,

I removed the fusion docs from trunk a while back, and replaced them
with a redirect to the sourceforge sandbox. I think we agreed to do
this for spirit as well, but I didn't at the time as I hadn't set up
the index yet, but I set that up a little while ago, you can see the
documentation at:

http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/libs/spirit/doc/html/index.html

Is this up-to-date?
I don't see the expected addition to Spirit Repository.

On Sunday, 16 October 2011, TONGARI wrote:
2011/10/16 Daniel James <<a href="javascript:_e({}, &#39;cvml&#39;, &#39;dnljms@gmail.com&#39;);" target="_blank">dnljms@...>
Hi,

I removed the fusion docs from trunk a while back, and replaced them
with a redirect to the sourceforge sandbox. I think we agreed to do
this for spirit as well, but I didn't at the time as I hadn't set up
the index yet, but I set that up a little while ago, you can see the
documentation at:

http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/libs/spirit/doc/html/index.html

Is this up-to-date?
I don't see the expected addition to Spirit Repository.

I didn't realise that the repository documentation needed to be built separately, I'll add that to the build script.

Re: Move generated spirit docs to the sandbox

Joel de Guzman-2
On 10/16/2011 5:53 PM, Daniel James wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I removed the fusion docs from trunk a while back, and replaced them
> with a redirect to the sourceforge sandbox. I think we agreed to do
> this for spirit as well, but I didn't at the time as I hadn't set up
> the index yet, but I set that up a little while ago, you can see the
> documentation at:
>
> http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/libs/spirit/doc/html/index.html
>
> So, is it okay to go ahead with this? I haven't noticed any comments
> on the fusion change. Obviously, I'll make sure they're included
> correctly in the beta (which should happen automatically).

Please go ahead. Just make sure that all docs are available.
Thanks, Daniel!

BTW, please do the same for Phoenix too.

Joel de Guzman
http://www.boostpro.com
http://boost-spirit.com

On 16 October 2011 16:14, Joel de Guzman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please go ahead. Just make sure that all docs are available.
> Thanks, Daniel!
>
> BTW, please do the same for Phoenix too.

OK, it's done on trunk, and I've rebuilt the trunk documentation
including phoenix and the spirit repository.

On 10/17/2011 3:02 AM, Daniel James wrote:
> On 16 October 2011 16:14, Joel de Guzman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Please go ahead. Just make sure that all docs are available.
>> Thanks, Daniel!
>>
>> BTW, please do the same for Phoenix too.
>
> OK, it's done on trunk, and I've rebuilt the trunk documentation
> including phoenix and the spirit repository.

Thanks, Daniel!

Joel de Guzman
http://www.boostpro.com
http://boost-spirit.com

Re: Move generated spirit docs to the sandbox

Hartmut Kaiser-2
> On 16 October 2011 16:14, Joel de Guzman <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Please go ahead. Just make sure that all docs are available.
> > Thanks, Daniel!
> >
> > BTW, please do the same for Phoenix too.
>
> OK, it's done on trunk, and I've rebuilt the trunk documentation including
> phoenix and the spirit repository.

Daniel,

What's the policy now for documentation changes? I know I have to check in
the qbk files, do I still need to generate the html files and put them
somewhere? Or do you have an automated script running which does that on
demand?

Regards Hartmut
---------------
http://boost-spirit.com
http://stellar.cct.lsu.edu

On 24 October 2011 13:21, Hartmut Kaiser <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What's the policy now for documentation changes? I know I have to check in
> the qbk files, do I still need to generate the html files and put them
> somewhere? Or do you have an automated script running which does that on
> demand?

I just run the script every few days (I don't have the resources for a
quick turnaround). You'll still need to generate the documentation
yourself to check that it's okay. If you want to, you could upload the
documentation to sourceforge yourself. I just rsync it, so it should
be okay.

The main problem is that it will overwrite the redirect file when you
generate the documentation yourself. Maybe it should build to one
directory by default (with an appropriate svn:ignore), and then when I
build the documentation I'll run it with a flag to put it in the right
place. I'm not sure exactly how to do that, maybe a docbook xsl
parameter?

Re: Move generated spirit docs to the sandbox

Hartmut Kaiser-2
> On 24 October 2011 13:21, Hartmut Kaiser <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > What's the policy now for documentation changes? I know I have to
> > check in the qbk files, do I still need to generate the html files and
> > put them somewhere? Or do you have an automated script running which
> > does that on demand?
>
> I just run the script every few days (I don't have the resources for a
> quick turnaround). You'll still need to generate the documentation
> yourself to check that it's okay. If you want to, you could upload the
> documentation to sourceforge yourself. I just rsync it, so it should be
> okay.

Ok, I'll just commit to the main SVN, then.

Thanks!
Regards Hartmut
http://boost-spirit.com
http://stellar.cct.lsu.edu