Modular Packages on Conan.io

Boost - Build mailing list
One of the most requested feature from Boost users is having a "modular" distribution. I'm happy to announce that there are now modular packages available when using the Conan package manager from the Bincrafters team <http://bit.ly/2wM5AdT>[1]. Using the packages requires no prior setup other than the Conan tool. Immediately available are all 130 libraries from the 1.64.0 release. And in a few days we will follow up with the same for the 1.65.1 release. For help using the packages you can bug the Bincrafters team <http://bit.ly/2xWEGEX>[3] in the #conan cpplang.slack.com channel <http://bit.ly/2hnMB3o>[4].

Conan is a C/C++ (and more) package manager that supports an open ended set of build system and tool integrations including: VisualStudio, Xcode, CLion, Ninja, QMake, Premake, and yes even CMake <http://bit.ly/2xzhpbg>[2].

Re: Modular Packages on Conan.io

Boost - Build mailing list
On 9/22/17 10:14, Rene Rivera via Boost-build wrote:

> One of the most requested feature from Boost users is having a "modular"
> distribution. I'm happy to announce that there are now modular packages
> available when using the Conan package manager from the Bincrafters team
> <http://bit.ly/2wM5AdT>[1]. Using the packages requires no prior setup
> other than the Conan tool. Immediately available are all 130 libraries
> from the 1.64.0 release. And in a few days we will follow up with the
> same for the 1.65.1 release. For help using the packages you can bug the
> Bincrafters team <http://bit.ly/2xWEGEX>[3] in the #conan
> cpplang.slack.com <http://cpplang.slack.com> channel
> <http://bit.ly/2hnMB3o>[4].

Wow! Excellent Rene. I'm looking forward to giving this a try.

michael
--
Michael Caisse
Ciere Consulting