Microsoft Platform SDK

Jared W. Robinson
Hi,

I'd like to have BBv2 use the MS Platform SDK include and lib directories automatically. As far as I can tell, there's no way to query the Platform SDK location from the registry.

Any ideas on how to make something like this work without hard-coding the paths into Jamfiles?

Thank you,

Jared Robinson

Re: Microsoft Platform SDK

Reece Dunn
Jared W. Robinson wrote:
>I'd like to have BBv2 use the MS Platform SDK include and lib directories
>automatically. As far as I can tell, there's no way to query the Platform
>SDK location from the registry.
>
>Any ideas on how to make something like this work without hard-coding the
>paths into Jamfiles?

If you look in the BBv2 mailing list archives, either Alexey Pakunov or
Andre Melnikov (can't remember which) provided some logic to add this
support. That stuff also contains things like midl support that has been
added in.

Essentially, this boils down to calling setenv.bat from the Platform SDK
directory to set the various directory values. It is a little more
complicated than that.

If you can wait, it is coming :), however, if you need it sooner, you can
try integrating the changes into the BBv2 CVS on your local machine. Several
things have changed since then, so you will need to do some work to make it
do what you want.

HTH,
- Reece

Re: Microsoft Platform SDK

Alexey Pakhunov
Reece Dunn wrote:
> If you can wait, it is coming :),

Well, this can take a while. :-(

> however, if you need it sooner, you can
> try integrating the changes into the BBv2 CVS on your local machine. Several
> things have changed since then, so you will need to do some work to make it
> do what you want.

There is a trick. It is possible to change vcvars32.bat so that it will
call SetEnv.cmd for Platform SDK with correct parameters. It is a dirty
hack but it works. :-)

Best regards/Venlig hilsen,
   Alexey Pakhunov.