Master test reporting stalled

Beman Dawes
Master test reporting has been stalled for awhile now. The web page says
"Error extracting file: The specified zipfile was not found."

--Beman

Re: Master test reporting stalled

Daniel James-3
On 17 September 2015 at 13:00, Beman Dawes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Master test reporting has been stalled for awhile now. The web page says
> "Error extracting file: The specified zipfile was not found."

I just had a look on the server and zipfile exists and was uploaded 2
hours ago - the error message is based on the error codes in the unzip
man page, which seem to be misleading.

This is what happens if I try to list the file contents on the command line:

$ unzip -l master.zip
Archive:  master.zip
  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of master.zip or
        master.zip.zip, and cannot find master.zip.ZIP, period.

Similar error for develop.zip. I'm just downloading develop.zip to see
if I can open it with other software. Would help if whoever uploads
these files compares them to the originals (in case of upload error),
and if the originals work okay.

On 18 September 2015 at 11:37, Daniel James <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Similar error for develop.zip. I'm just downloading develop.zip to see
> if I can open it with other software. Would help if whoever uploads
> these files compares them to the originals (in case of upload error),
> and if the originals work okay.

On my local machine, 7z works but has an 'Unexpected end of archive'
message, which suggests that the zipfiles were partially uploaded.
Although there's possibly also a problem with the number of files as
well, the info-zip web page suggests that we shouldn't have more than
65,536, but there are 130,160 files in develop.zip, and I imagine a
lot more in master.zip (which is several times larger than
develop.zip).

http://www.info-zip.org/FAQ.html#limits

Even if this is fixed, we've got a problem with how the test results are stored.

Re: Master test reporting stalled

Tom Kent

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 6:06 AM, Daniel James <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 18 September 2015 at 11:37, Daniel James <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Similar error for develop.zip. I'm just downloading develop.zip to see
> if I can open it with other software. Would help if whoever uploads
> these files compares them to the originals (in case of upload error),
> and if the originals work okay.

On my local machine, 7z works but has an 'Unexpected end of archive'
message, which suggests that the zipfiles were partially uploaded.

I've always suspected that this was happening when two people are uploading results at the same time, but corrupt files are also a possibility. What we really need is some user ID command line option that we can add into the zip file (and the file name while uploading).

TomĀ