Manifest files problems

Dylan Trotter
Hi,

I'm using Boost.Build with Visual C++ 8.0 and have run into a snag
regarding manifest files with executables. The manifest gets generated
correctly, however, it doesn't get copied with executable targets by the
install rule.

I've read some things about including the manifest as a resource which
makes a LOT more sense to me than having to have a separate .manifest
file for every application, but I'm not sure how to do that. Any hints?

If that won't work, then I need the install rule to detect the manifest
as a dependency of the executable. However, I'd like this behaviour to
apply out of the box (i.e. without having to alter my msvc.jam). Is
there a way I can change my Jamfile to handle this?

Thanks,

Dylan Trotter

Re: Manifest files problems

Alexey Pakhunov
Dylan Trotter wrote:
> I've read some things about including the manifest as a resource which
> makes a LOT more sense to me than having to have a separate .manifest
> file for every application, but I'm not sure how to do that. Any hints?

Boost.Build V2 embeds manifest into .exe of .dll automatically.

PS: You will need the latest CVS HEAD version.

Best regards/Venlig hilsen,
   Alexey Pakhunov.

Re: Manifest files problems

Dylan Trotter
Alexey Pakhunov wrote:
> Dylan Trotter wrote:
>> I've read some things about including the manifest as a resource which
>> makes a LOT more sense to me than having to have a separate .manifest
>> file for every application, but I'm not sure how to do that. Any hints?
>
> Boost.Build V2 embeds manifest into .exe of .dll automatically.
>
> PS: You will need the latest CVS HEAD version.

Ah. I've been using 1.33.1, so this explains it. Thanks for the pointer.

> Best regards/Venlig hilsen,
>    Alexey Pakhunov.

Dylan Trotter