Quantcast

Mail List Migration - Update

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Mail List Migration - Update

Michael Caisse-3
The Boost mail lists are now migrated to a new set of servers.

This change affected all mail lists and web resources (signing up,
changing passwords, moderator access, archives...) that were associated
with the domain lists.boost.org .

If you are having difficulties, please drop me an email. (Oh the irony)

Happy coding!
michael

--
Michael Caisse
Ciere Consulting
ciere.com

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Mail List Migration - Update

Olaf van der Spek-3
On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 7:43 PM, Michael Caisse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The Boost mail lists are now migrated to a new set of servers.
>
> This change affected all mail lists and web resources (signing up,
> changing passwords, moderator access, archives...) that were associated
> with the domain lists.boost.org .
>
> If you are having difficulties, please drop me an email. (Oh the irony)

Thanks a lot!


--
Olaf

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Mail List Migration - Update

Jeff Garland-2
Yes -- thank you for the great contribution of time and energy too boost.
All these 'small things'  on non-trivial!

Jeff

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 12:42 AM, Olaf van der Spek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 7:43 PM, Michael Caisse <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > The Boost mail lists are now migrated to a new set of servers.
> >
> > This change affected all mail lists and web resources (signing up,
> > changing passwords, moderator access, archives...) that were associated
> > with the domain lists.boost.org .
> >
> > If you are having difficulties, please drop me an email. (Oh the irony)
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
>
> --
> Olaf
>
> _______________________________________________
> Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/
> mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
>

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Mail List Migration - Update

Olaf van der Spek-3
In reply to this post by Michael Caisse-3
On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 7:43 PM, Michael Caisse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The Boost mail lists are now migrated to a new set of servers.
>
> This change affected all mail lists and web resources (signing up,
> changing passwords, moderator access, archives...) that were associated
> with the domain lists.boost.org .
>
> If you are having difficulties, please drop me an email. (Oh the irony)

dmarc=fail (p=QUARANTINE sp=QUARANTINE dis=NONE) header.from=nedprod.com



--
Olaf

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Mail List Migration - Update

Niall Douglas
On 07/02/2017 11:13, Olaf van der Spek wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 7:43 PM, Michael Caisse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The Boost mail lists are now migrated to a new set of servers.
>>
>> This change affected all mail lists and web resources (signing up,
>> changing passwords, moderator access, archives...) that were associated
>> with the domain lists.boost.org .
>>
>> If you are having difficulties, please drop me an email. (Oh the irony)
>
> dmarc=fail (p=QUARANTINE sp=QUARANTINE dis=NONE) header.from=nedprod.com

They haven't upgraded Mailman to the DMARC capable version yet:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/boost-steering/ERx-907zxbw

Niall
--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/ http://ie.linkedin.com/in/nialldouglas/


_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Mail List Migration - Update

Michael Caisse-3
In reply to this post by Olaf van der Spek-3
On 2/7/17 03:13, Olaf van der Spek wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 7:43 PM, Michael Caisse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The Boost mail lists are now migrated to a new set of servers.
>>
>> This change affected all mail lists and web resources (signing up,
>> changing passwords, moderator access, archives...) that were associated
>> with the domain lists.boost.org .
>>
>> If you are having difficulties, please drop me an email. (Oh the irony)
>
> dmarc=fail (p=QUARANTINE sp=QUARANTINE dis=NONE) header.from=nedprod.com
>
>
>

Hi Olaf -

I sent you a private email so we can sort things out. Thank you for your
patience.

michael

--
Michael Caisse
Ciere Consulting
ciere.com

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Mail List Migration - Update

Paul Fultz II
In reply to this post by Niall Douglas

> On Feb 7, 2017, at 9:09 AM, Niall Douglas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 07/02/2017 11:13, Olaf van der Spek wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 7:43 PM, Michael Caisse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> The Boost mail lists are now migrated to a new set of servers.
>>>
>>> This change affected all mail lists and web resources (signing up,
>>> changing passwords, moderator access, archives...) that were associated
>>> with the domain lists.boost.org .
>>>
>>> If you are having difficulties, please drop me an email. (Oh the irony)
>>
>> dmarc=fail (p=QUARANTINE sp=QUARANTINE dis=NONE) header.from=nedprod.com
>
> They haven't upgraded Mailman to the DMARC capable version yet:
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/boost-steering/ERx-907zxbw

+1

As my emails seem to still go to spam as well.

Paul


_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Mail List Migration - Update

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Michael Caisse-3
Hi Michael,

After migration, it seems boost-bugs stopped its working.
Is the list no longer available?

http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-bugs

Thanks,
Kohei


On 02/03/2017 03:43 AM, Michael Caisse wrote:

> The Boost mail lists are now migrated to a new set of servers.
>
> This change affected all mail lists and web resources (signing up,
> changing passwords, moderator access, archives...) that were associated
> with the domain lists.boost.org .
>
> If you are having difficulties, please drop me an email. (Oh the irony)
>
> Happy coding!
> michael
>



_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost

signature.asc (871 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Mail List Migration - Update

Boost - Dev mailing list
Thank you for the report Kohei. We will take a look.

--
Michael Caisse
Ciere Consulting
ciere.com


On 2/15/17 06:21, Kohei Takahashi via Boost wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> After migration, it seems boost-bugs stopped its working.
> Is the list no longer available?
>
> http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-bugs
>
> Thanks,
> Kohei
>
>
> On 02/03/2017 03:43 AM, Michael Caisse wrote:
>> The Boost mail lists are now migrated to a new set of servers.
>>
>> This change affected all mail lists and web resources (signing up,
>> changing passwords, moderator access, archives...) that were associated
>> with the domain lists.boost.org .
>>
>> If you are having difficulties, please drop me an email. (Oh the irony)
>>
>> Happy coding!
>> michael
>>
>
>

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Mail List Migration - Update

mloskot
In reply to this post by Michael Caisse-3
Michael Caisse-3 wrote
The Boost mail lists are now migrated to a new set of servers.

This change affected all mail lists and web resources (signing up,
changing passwords, moderator access, archives...) that were associated
with the domain lists.boost.org .

If you are having difficulties, please drop me an email. (Oh the irony)

Michael,

Would it be possible to configure the mailman to update the archives
at lists.boost.org more frequently?
AFAICT, it seems, currently it happens once in 24h.

All, please note gmane is currently down, taken over by new
maintainers who trying to bring the service back [1].
So, I'd suggest to link ml posts using the URLs based on lists.boost.org
instead of gmane, nabble, or other volatile locations
(eg. link [1] used on the important page [2] is no longer accessible).

Hence, more frequent updates of the archives would be helpful.

[1] http://home.gmane.org/2016/09/14/anatomy-gmane-v2/
[2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/247192
[3] https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/StartModWorkflow

Best regards,
--
Mateusz Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net
--
Mateusz Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Mail List Migration - Update

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 17/02/2017 00:30, mloskot via Boost wrote:

> All, please note gmane is currently down, taken over by new
> maintainers who trying to bring the service back [1].
> So, I'd suggest to link ml posts using the URLs based on lists.boost.org
> instead of gmane, nabble, or other volatile locations
> (eg. link [1] used on the important page [2] is no longer accessible).
>
> Hence, more frequent updates of the archives would be helpful.
>
> [1] http://home.gmane.org/2016/09/14/anatomy-gmane-v2/
> [2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/247192
> [3] https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/StartModWorkflow

[4] works for me.

(I'm reading and posting through the gmane NNTP gateway, so it's not
down, just different.  I note however that the permalink for your own
post [5] is not currently accessible but I assume that's a function of
archival time.)

[4] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/247192
[5] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/270565



_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Mail List Migration - Update

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 17 February 2017 at 01:15, Gavin Lambert via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 17/02/2017 00:30, mloskot via Boost wrote:
>>
>> All, please note gmane is currently down, taken over by new
>> maintainers who trying to bring the service back [1].
>> So, I'd suggest to link ml posts using the URLs based on lists.boost.org
>> instead of gmane, nabble, or other volatile locations
>> (eg. link [1] used on the important page [2] is no longer accessible).
>>
>> Hence, more frequent updates of the archives would be helpful.
>>
>> [1] http://home.gmane.org/2016/09/14/anatomy-gmane-v2/
>> [2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/247192
>> [3] https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/StartModWorkflow
>
>
> [4] works for me.
>
> (I'm reading and posting through the gmane NNTP gateway, so it's not down,
> just different.  I note however that the permalink for your own post [5] is
> not currently accessible but I assume that's a function of archival time.)
>
> [4] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/247192
> [5] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/270565

Thanks for correcting me.

IMHO, still, thirdparty archives are too easy volatile.

Best regards,
--
Mateusz Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Mail List Migration - Update

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 17/02/2017 13:18, Mateusz Loskot via Boost wrote:

> On 17 February 2017 at 01:15, Gavin Lambert via Boost
>> [4] works for me.
>>
>> (I'm reading and posting through the gmane NNTP gateway, so it's not down,
>> just different.  I note however that the permalink for your own post [5] is
>> not currently accessible but I assume that's a function of archival time.)
>>
>> [4] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/247192
>> [5] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/270565
>
> Thanks for correcting me.
>
> IMHO, still, thirdparty archives are too easy volatile.

It's going to end up being a function of how someone found the post, though.

While browsing recent posts via the gmane gateway, I can instantly get
the gmane archive URL from the message headers.  I cannot, however, find
the list.boost.org URL that way.  (It does have a link to the archives,
but not to the specific post.)

I imagine that if direct emails include an archive link (which I doubt,
knowing mailman, but anything's possible) they will similarly (and
understandably) omit URLs for any other archive.

So anyone who wants to post a link to lists.boosts.org will have to
search to find the message.

Mailman's web interface is still (to put it politely) laughable, and has
no integrated search.  Telling Google to search that site doesn't help
much -- even knowing the exact content of the message in [4] it didn't
have any hits and it took several minutes of clicking around (while
knowing the exact date) before I finally found [6].

Perhaps there's a way of making Mailman include more useful archive
links in its headers?  That would solve two of three problems.

[6] http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2013/12/209496.php



_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Mail List Migration - Update

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
On 2/15/17 06:21, Kohei Takahashi via Boost wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> After migration, it seems boost-bugs stopped its working.
> Is the list no longer available?
>
> http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-bugs
>
> Thanks,
> Kohei
>

Hi Kohei -

We see that addresses are registered to the list and that it is sending
emails. Perhaps you can contact me on freenode #boost or Slack Cpplang
#boost. My nick/handle is mjcaisse.

michael

--
Michael Caisse
Ciere Consulting
ciere.com

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Mail List Migration - Update

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
On 17 February 2017 at 01:43, Gavin Lambert via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 17/02/2017 13:18, Mateusz Loskot via Boost wrote:
>> On 17 February 2017 at 01:15, Gavin Lambert via Boost
>>>
>>> [4] works for me.
>>>
>>> (I'm reading and posting through the gmane NNTP gateway, so it's not
>>> down,
>>> just different.  I note however that the permalink for your own post [5]
>>> is
>>> not currently accessible but I assume that's a function of archival
>>> time.)
>>>
>>> [4] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/247192
>>> [5] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/270565
>>
>>
>> Thanks for correcting me.
>>
>> IMHO, still, thirdparty archives are too easy volatile.
>
>
> It's going to end up being a function of how someone found the post, though.
> [...]
> So anyone who wants to post a link to lists.boosts.org will have to search
> to find the message.


I feed Google search with, eg.

superproject site:http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/

> Mailman's web interface is still (to put it politely) laughable, and has no
> integrated search.

No question about that.

> Perhaps there's a way of making Mailman include more useful archive links in
> its headers?

I'm not a Mailman expert, but it seems there is a way to add archive
link to a message footer, as per this thread
https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2012-March/073013.html

Best regards,
--
Mateusz Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Mail List Migration - Update

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi Michael,

On 02/17/2017 09:47 AM, Michael Caisse via Boost wrote:
> We see that addresses are registered to the list and that it is sending
> emails. Perhaps you can contact me on freenode #boost or Slack Cpplang
> #boost. My nick/handle is mjcaisse.
Thanks, I confirmed it works again.

Kohei



_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost

signature.asc (871 bytes) Download Attachment
Loading...