MSVC C4251

John Moeller
After finally writing a Jamfile.v2 that works, I get a C4251 warning
when the DLLs build, because backend::call_xxx_data has a std::vector of
boost::shared_ptr<void>.  I had implemented a tweak for MSVC that
enabled the exportation of std::vector<boost::shared_ptr<void> > (and
the corresponding allocator).

I thought about it though, and it would only be useful if symbols were
decorated the same way in both the exporting DLL and the importing
binary.  Aren't symbol decorations implementation-specific?

If so, I should probably just disable C4251, rather than exporting the
vector and allocator specializations.  Or should I leave the export
tweak in there?

--

John Moeller