MSVC 15.5 support

15.5 Preview has been released:
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog/2017/10/11/productivity-structure-visualizer-ctrl-click-to-go-to-definition/

> Unknown compiler version - please run the configure tests and report the results

How do I do this?
Could this message be updated to indicate it comes from Boost?

Gr,
--
Olaf

Re: MSVC 15.5 support

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:46 AM, Olaf van der Spek via Boost <

> 15.5 Preview has been released:
> https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog/2017/10/11/productivity-structure-
> visualizer-ctrl-click-to-go-to-definition/
>
> > Unknown compiler version - please run the configure tests and report the
> results
>
> How do I do this?
> Could this message be updated to indicate it comes from Boost?
>

> Gr,
> --
> Olaf

+1 on adding the message is from boost.  I thought it was Visual Studio
2017 for a while
since I switched to using clang in a project - until I figured out where it
was coming from (boost).

- Jim

Re: MSVC 15.5 support

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 12 October 2017 at 15:02, James E. King, III via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 5:46 AM, Olaf van der Spek via Boost <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > 15.5 Preview has been released:
> > https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog/2017/10/11/
> productivity-structure-
> > visualizer-ctrl-click-to-go-to-definition/
> >
> > > Unknown compiler version - please run the configure tests and report
> the
> > results
> >
> > How do I do this?
> > Could this message be updated to indicate it comes from Boost?
> >

> > Gr,
> > --
> > Olaf
> >

> +1 on adding the message is from boost.  I thought it was Visual Studio
> 2017 for a while
> since I switched to using clang in a project - until I figured out where it
> was coming from (boost).
>
> - Jim

+1, this have been discussed before and I believed this PR did fix it but
it didn't.
https://github.com/boostorg/config/pull/177/files

Joël Lamotte

Re: MSVC 15.5 support

You want this commit:
https://github.com/boostorg/config/commit/8c9e237f2666e6e89f82d1a0d378f86355c62668#diff-eac863c1d46c77471e54e8818aab7534

Marcel

Re: MSVC 15.5 support

This PR fixed it for the previous compiler update (in Visual Studio 2017 Update 3). Update 5's _MSC_VER is 1912.

Marcel

Re: MSVC 15.5 support

On 12 October 2017 at 15:15, Marcel Raad via Boost <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> You want this commit:
> https://github.com/boostorg/config/commit/8c9e237f2666e6e89f82d1a0d378f8
> 6355c62668#diff-eac863c1d46c77471e54e8818aab7534
>
> Marcel

Nice, thanks!

Joël Lamotte

Re: MSVC 15.5 support

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 3:17 PM, Marcel Raad via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

Shouldn't the config tests be ran and incorporated though?

--
Olaf

Re: MSVC 15.5 support

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 11:46 AM, Olaf van der Spek <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 15.5 Preview has been released:
> https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog/2017/10/11/productivity-structure-visualizer-ctrl-click-to-go-to-definition/

15.5 has been released: