Looking for Boost.uBlas data frames project GSoC mentors

Looking for Boost.uBlas data frames project GSoC mentors

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi everyone,

May I know if there are any potential mentors for my Boost.uBlas data frames project proposal besides Mr. David Bellot? He has not been responding to messages lately. Not sure if it is because of the recent Covid-19 situation.

Best regards,
Tom

Re: Looking for Boost.uBlas data frames project GSoC mentors

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 at 06:06, Tom Kwok via Boost <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> May I know if there are any potential mentors for my Boost.uBlas data
> frames project proposal besides Mr. David Bellot? He has not been
> responding to messages lately. Not sure if it is because of the recent
> Covid-19 situation.

Maybe he's got a job, I'm sure he will address your queries in due time.

> Best regards,
> Tom

@systemdeg
"We value your privacy, click here!" Sod off! - degski
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can go on forever in a finite
world is either a madman or an economist" - Kenneth E. Boulding
"Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell" - Edward
P. Abbey

Re: Looking for Boost.uBlas data frames project GSoC mentors

Hi Tom,

probably David will be the only mentor for the data frame project. I
suggest that you continue with your proposal and solve the competency test.
You can find the data frame code at
https://github.com/BoostGSoC19/data_frame

Last year I mentored two great students for the Tensor project
<https://github.com/BoostGSoC19/tensor/wiki>. This year I can only mentor
one student.

Good luck,
CB

On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 at 17:42, degski via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 at 06:06, Tom Kwok via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > May I know if there are any potential mentors for my Boost.uBlas data
> > frames project proposal besides Mr. David Bellot? He has not been
> > responding to messages lately. Not sure if it is because of the recent
> > Covid-19 situation.
>

> Maybe he's got a job, I'm sure he will address your queries in due time.

FYI, I have been trying to reach David a few days ago as well,
and without any response too.

BTW, March 16 was an important date for all GSoC students
and they may be expecting a piece of mailing.

Best regards.

Re: Looking for Boost.uBlas data frames project GSoC mentors

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 at 11:49, Mateusz Loskot via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 at 17:42, degski via Boost <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 at 06:06, Tom Kwok via Boost <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > May I know if there are any potential mentors for my Boost.uBlas data
> > > frames project proposal besides Mr. David Bellot? He has not been
> > > responding to messages lately. Not sure if it is because of the recent
> > > Covid-19 situation.
> >

> > Maybe he's got a job, I'm sure he will address your queries in due time.
>
> FYI, I have been trying to reach David a few days ago as well,
> and without any response too.

That signifies he does not selectively not answer emails and he most
certainly is busy or disconnected for other reasons.

degski
--
@systemdeg
"We value your privacy, click here!" Sod off! - degski
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can go on forever in a finite
world is either a madman or an economist" - Kenneth E. Boulding
"Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell" - Edward
P. Abbey

Re: Looking for Boost.uBlas data frames project GSoC mentors

Thanks Mateusz,

are you also a GSoC admin for the boost organization? If yes, could you
please include me as a potential mentor?

Best regards,
CB

Am Mi., 18. März 2020 um 18:49 Uhr schrieb Mateusz Loskot via Boost <
[hidden email]>:

> On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 at 17:42, degski via Boost <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 at 06:06, Tom Kwok via Boost <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > May I know if there are any potential mentors for my Boost.uBlas data
> > > frames project proposal besides Mr. David Bellot? He has not been
> > > responding to messages lately. Not sure if it is because of the recent
> > > Covid-19 situation.
> >

> > Maybe he's got a job, I'm sure he will address your queries in due time.
>
> FYI, I have been trying to reach David a few days ago as well,
> and without any response too.
>
> BTW, March 16 was an important date for all GSoC students
> and they may be expecting a piece of mailing.
>
> Best regards.

Re: Looking for Boost.uBlas data frames project GSoC mentors

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 at 19:39, Cem Bassoy via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks Mateusz,
>
> are you also a GSoC admin for the boost organization? If yes, could you
> please include me as a potential mentor?

Cem,

No, I'm not another admin. I'm just a GSoC mentor.

Re: Looking for Boost.uBlas data frames project GSoC mentors

Boost - Dev mailing list
Could you tell me who is besides David?

Mateusz Loskot via Boost <[hidden email]> schrieb am Mi. 18. März
2020 um 21:41:

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 at 08:29, Cem Bassoy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Could you tell me who is besides David?

Sorry, I don't know. Is there a second admin?
I thought it was just David.

Neither in the docs
https://www.boost.org/community/gsoc.html
https://github.com/boostorg/wiki/search?q=bellot
nor in the announcements for GSoC 2020
https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2020/01/248020.php
https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2020/02/248247.php
any list of admins.

Re: Looking for Boost.uBlas data frames project GSoC mentors

Boost - Dev mailing list
Thanks a lot. If I remember correctly, gsoc2019 had three boostorg admins.

Best,
Cem

Am Do., 19. März 2020 um 10:29 Uhr schrieb Mateusz Loskot via Boost <
[hidden email]>:

> On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 at 08:29, Cem Bassoy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Could you tell me who is besides David?
>
> Sorry, I don't know. Is there a second admin?
> I thought it was just David.
>
> Neither in the docs
> https://www.boost.org/community/gsoc.html
> https://github.com/boostorg/wiki/search?q=bellot
> nor in the announcements for GSoC 2020
> https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2020/01/248020.php
> https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2020/02/248247.php
> any list of admins.
>
> Best regards,

Re: Looking for Boost.uBlas data frames project GSoC mentors

Boost - Dev mailing list
According to GSoC dashboard, there are two admins this year.
second admin is: Alicia Gonzalez <[hidden email]>

Thank you,
Pranam Lashkari

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 3:20 PM Cem Bassoy via Boost <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks a lot. If I remember correctly, gsoc2019 had three boostorg admins.
>
> Best,
> Cem
>
> Am Do., 19. März 2020 um 10:29 Uhr schrieb Mateusz Loskot via Boost <
> [hidden email]>:
>
> > On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 at 08:29, Cem Bassoy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Could you tell me who is besides David?
> >
> > Sorry, I don't know. Is there a second admin?
> > I thought it was just David.
> >
> > Neither in the docs
> > https://www.boost.org/community/gsoc.html
> > https://github.com/boostorg/wiki/search?q=bellot
> > nor in the announcements for GSoC 2020
> > https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2020/01/248020.php
> > https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2020/02/248247.php
> > any list of admins.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > Mateusz Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net

Re: Looking for Boost.uBlas data frames project GSoC mentors

Boost - Dev mailing list
Thanks Pranam.

Am Do., 19. März 2020 um 11:42 Uhr schrieb Pranam Lashkari <
[hidden email]>:

> According to GSoC dashboard, there are two admins this year.
> second admin is: Alicia Gonzalez <[hidden email]>
>

> Thank you,
> Pranam Lashkari
>

> On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 3:20 PM Cem Bassoy via Boost <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Thanks a lot. If I remember correctly, gsoc2019 had three boostorg admins.
>>
>> Best,
>> Cem
>>
>> Am Do., 19. März 2020 um 10:29 Uhr schrieb Mateusz Loskot via Boost <
>> [hidden email]>:

>> > Sorry, I don't know. Is there a second admin?
>> > I thought it was just David.
>> >
>> > Neither in the docs
>> > https://www.boost.org/community/gsoc.html
>> > https://github.com/boostorg/wiki/search?q=bellot
>> > nor in the announcements for GSoC 2020
>> > https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2020/01/248020.php
>> > https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2020/02/248247.php
>> > any list of admins.
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> > --
>> > Mateusz Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net

Re: Looking for Boost.uBlas data frames project GSoC mentors

Hi CB,

Thank you for your suggestions. I will continue with my proposal and start solving the competency test.

David as of now still has not replied though. So I might need to request for mentorship for Boost uBlas data frame GSoC project here.

Is anyone interested in offering mentorship and reviewing my proposal and questions?

Best regards,
Tom

> On 19 Mar 2020, at 3:00 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 18:26:43 +0100
> From: Cem Bassoy <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
> To: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: [boost] Looking for Boost.uBlas data frames project GSoC
> mentors
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> probably David will be the only mentor for the data frame project. I
> suggest that you continue with your proposal and solve the competency test.
> You can find the data frame code at
> https://github.com/BoostGSoC19/data_frame <https://github.com/BoostGSoC19/data_frame>
>
> Last year I mentored two great students for the Tensor project
> <https://github.com/BoostGSoC19/tensor/wiki <https://github.com/BoostGSoC19/tensor/wiki>>. This year I can only mentor
> one student.
>
> Good luck,
> CB

Re: Looking for Boost.uBlas data frames project GSoC mentors

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi Tom,

right now, only David and me are potential mentors. Maybe Stefan wants to
mentor a student as well.
However, I would be patient and just finish your proposal and competency
test.

Best,
Cem

Am Mo., 23. März 2020 um 18:09 Uhr schrieb Tom Kwok via Boost <
[hidden email]>:

> Hi CB,
>
> Thank you for your suggestions. I will continue with my proposal and start
> solving the competency test.
>
> David as of now still has not replied though. So I might need to request
> for mentorship for Boost uBlas data frame GSoC project here.
>
> Is anyone interested in offering mentorship and reviewing my proposal and
> questions?
>
> Best regards,
> Tom
>
> > On 19 Mar 2020, at 3:00 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
> >
> > Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 18:26:43 +0100
> > From: Cem Bassoy <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
> > To: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> > Subject: Re: [boost] Looking for Boost.uBlas data frames project GSoC
> >       mentors
> [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]

> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > probably David will be the only mentor for the data frame project. I
> > suggest that you continue with your proposal and solve the competency
> test.
> > You can find the data frame code at
> > https://github.com/BoostGSoC19/data_frame <
> https://github.com/BoostGSoC19/data_frame>
> >
> > Last year I mentored two great students for the Tensor project
> > <https://github.com/BoostGSoC19/tensor/wiki <
> https://github.com/BoostGSoC19/tensor/wiki>>. This year I can only mentor
> > one student.
> >
> > Good luck,
> > CB

Re: Looking for Boost.uBlas data frames project GSoC mentors

Yep I'm here, I'm here.

Sorry I'm completely behind this week! I'm back.
Cem, I thought you received the mentor invite a long time ago. I've sent
another one a moment ago!