Location for backend code

John Moeller
What should be the proper place to put backends in source control?

boost/langbinding/xxx/...
libs/langbinding/xxx/...

?

Oh, and I just thought of something.  We may want to name the Java
backend something other than "Boost.Java", since "Java" is trademarked.
  Maybe "Boost.JNI" or something.  Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself,
though.

--

John Moeller

Re: Location for backend code

Rene Rivera-2
John Moeller wrote:
> What should be the proper place to put backends in source control?
>
> boost/langbinding/xxx/...
> libs/langbinding/xxx/...
>
> ?

Theoretically, meaning not with the existing code, you should only need
to place backend code in "libs/langbinding/src/backend/xxx/...".

> Oh, and I just thought of something.  We may want to name the Java
> backend something other than "Boost.Java", since "Java" is trademarked.
>   Maybe "Boost.JNI" or something.  Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself,
> though.

Yea, how rude to trademark the name of an island.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Rene Rivera wrote:

> John Moeller wrote:
>> What should be the proper place to put backends in source control?
>>
>> boost/langbinding/xxx/...
>> libs/langbinding/xxx/...
>>
>> ?
>
> Theoretically, meaning not with the existing code, you should only need
> to place backend code in "libs/langbinding/src/backend/xxx/...".

Oh, so the whole thing, headers and all?  That would be more convenient.

>> Oh, and I just thought of something.  We may want to name the Java
>> backend something other than "Boost.Java", since "Java" is trademarked.
>>   Maybe "Boost.JNI" or something.  Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself,
>> though.
>
> Yea, how rude to trademark the name of an island.

:)

--

John Moeller