List recognized toolsets

Boost - Build mailing list
Hi,

I'm running b2.exe on Windows, from the current develop branch.
I am not able to find out what b2 or bootstrap.bat option
can give me list of recognized toolsets available
in my environment.

IOW, is there any option that somewhat mimics the vswhere.exe lookup?

Re: List recognized toolsets

Boost - Build mailing list
AMDG

On 03/09/2018 11:03 AM, Mateusz Loskot via Boost-build wrote:

> I'm running b2.exe on Windows, from the current develop branch.
> I am not able to find out what b2 or bootstrap.bat option
> can give me list of recognized toolsets available
> in my environment.
>
> IOW, is there any option that somewhat mimics the vswhere.exe lookup?

There is no such option.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

Re: List recognized toolsets

Boost - Build mailing list
On 9 March 2018 at 20:20, Steven Watanabe via Boost-build
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 03/09/2018 11:03 AM, Mateusz Loskot via Boost-build wrote:
>>
>> I'm running b2.exe on Windows, from the current develop branch.
>> I am not able to find out what b2 or bootstrap.bat option
>> can give me list of recognized toolsets available
>> in my environment.
>>
>> IOW, is there any option that somewhat mimics the vswhere.exe lookup?
>>
> There is no such option.

Then, having multiple VS2017 installations, is it possible to specify
which CL.exe is used, from b2 command line and not user-profile.jam?

On 03/09/2018 12:35 PM, Mateusz Loskot via Boost-build wrote:

> On 9 March 2018 at 20:20, Steven Watanabe via Boost-build
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 03/09/2018 11:03 AM, Mateusz Loskot via Boost-build wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm running b2.exe on Windows, from the current develop branch.
>>> I am not able to find out what b2 or bootstrap.bat option
>>> can give me list of recognized toolsets available
>>> in my environment.
>>>
>>> IOW, is there any option that somewhat mimics the vswhere.exe lookup?
>>>
>> There is no such option.
>
> Then, having multiple VS2017 installations, is it possible to specify
> which CL.exe is used, from b2 command line and not user-profile.jam?

  No.  There is no way to specify the the compiler command
directly on the command line.  You may be able to set
up multiple VS2017 toolsets, but I don't think that this
has been tested recently.  In the past, I believe msvc-9.0
and msvc-9.0express could co-exist.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

Re: List recognized toolsets

Boost - Build mailing list
On 9 March 2018 at 20:50, Steven Watanabe via Boost-build
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 03/09/2018 12:35 PM, Mateusz Loskot via Boost-build wrote:

>>> There is no such option.
>>
>> Then, having multiple VS2017 installations, is it possible to specify
>> which CL.exe is used, from b2 command line and not user-profile.jam?
>>

>   No.  There is no way to specify the the compiler command
> directly on the command line.  You may be able to set
> up multiple VS2017 toolsets, but I don't think that this
> has been tested recently.  In the past, I believe msvc-9.0
> and msvc-9.0express could co-exist.

I see. Thank you Steven.