[Java] Binding code generation

John Moeller
Rene,

I know that we talked about generating bytecode to load dynamically,
but I think that it may be valuable to *also* provide Java source code
for the linkage classes.  For security reasons, it may not be
desirable (or possible with some installations) to load a class from
generated bytecode.  If we also had a source code generator, users who
desire a .java file could get one.  Another benefit would be the
ability to inherit from the class directly.

--
John Moeller

Re: [Java] Binding code generation

John Moeller
John Moeller wrote:
> Rene,
>
> I know that we talked about generating bytecode to load dynamically,
> but I think that it may be valuable to *also* provide Java source code
> for the linkage classes.  For security reasons, it may not be
> desirable (or possible with some installations) to load a class from
> generated bytecode.  If we also had a source code generator, users who
> desire a .java file could get one.  Another benefit would be the
> ability to inherit from the class directly.

Nevermind; I suppose inheriting is possible even if all you have is a
class file.  It still may be valuable for a number of reasons, though.

John Moeller wrote:

> John Moeller wrote:
>> Rene,
>>
>> I know that we talked about generating bytecode to load dynamically,
>> but I think that it may be valuable to *also* provide Java source code
>> for the linkage classes.  For security reasons, it may not be
>> desirable (or possible with some installations) to load a class from
>> generated bytecode.  If we also had a source code generator, users who
>> desire a .java file could get one.  Another benefit would be the
>> ability to inherit from the class directly.
>
> Nevermind; I suppose inheriting is possible even if all you have is a
> class file.  It still may be valuable for a number of reasons, though.

Wait, to inherit, you'd still need a class file.  So I correct myself again.

Thinking in two languages is hard.

--

John Moeller