Is there any class member method number limit for boost.python?

Is there any class member method number limit for boost.python?

Grant Tang
Hi,

I have a class wrapped to Python which has 334 member .def(). After I added
one more method, i.e. .def(), it shows segfault when I import this class it
in Python. Strangely, this only happens on 64 bit CentOS 4.8 with gcc 3.4.6.
It works fine with the 335th member method on 32 bit CentOS 4.8 with gcc
3.4.6. And also works fine with both 32 and 64 bit CentOS 5.6 with gcc
4.1.2.

I can comment any one of member methods to make the number of methods <= 334
in my class to make it work on the 64 bit CentOS 4.8. It looks like there is
such member method number limit on this 64 bit gcc3.4.6 platform. Please
help.

Grant

Re: Is there any class member method number limit for boost.python?

Dave Abrahams

on Thu Oct 27 2011, "Grant Tang" <grant.tang-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a class wrapped to Python which has 334 member .def(). After I
> added one more method, i.e. .def(), it shows segfault when I import
> this class it in Python. Strangely, this only happens on 64 bit CentOS
> 4.8 with gcc 3.4.6. It works fine with the 335th member method on 32
> bit CentOS 4.8 with gcc 3.4.6. And also works fine with both 32 and 64
> bit CentOS 5.6 with gcc 4.1.2.
>
> I can comment any one of member methods to make the number of methods
> <= 334 in my class to make it work on the 64 bit CentOS 4.8. It looks
> like there is such member method number limit on this 64 bit gcc3.4.6
> platform. Please help.

My intuition is that you must be misinterpreting the results.  If you
can reproduce this problem in minimal code, I'd be highly surprised.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing