Is it safe to download boost_1_67_0-msvc-14.1-64.exe?

Is it safe to download boost_1_67_0-msvc-14.1-64.exe?

Re: Is it safe to download boost_1_67_0-msvc-14.1-64.exe?

Boost - Users mailing list
Just download the source and compile it yourself.

Re: Is it safe to download boost_1_67_0-msvc-14.1-64.exe?

On 9 June 2018 at 00:33, Trung Tran via Boost-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

This was posted on the list before (not so long ago).

Defender probably simply just doesn't like that it's an unsigned (and unknown) executable (Vigorf.A is a very generic threat). Malwarebytes and DrWeb say it's clean (the ones I would trust). It is a shame that Kaspersky is no longer listed on VT for obviously political reasons.

degski
--
"If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein

Re: Is it safe to download boost_1_67_0-msvc-14.1-64.exe?

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 4:33 PM, Trung Tran via Boost-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

If the hash that you download matches the one in the SHA256SUMS.asc file and the file signature with GPG is good, then you are fine.

Tom

Re: Is it safe to download boost_1_67_0-msvc-14.1-64.exe?

Boost - Users mailing list
I just ran into this myself. Is there a specific reason that only the
all-versions boost binary is distributed as an .7z and not the
individual packages?

If it's for beginners ease-of-use, then I'd expect it the other way
around - because somebody would know the internal version number of
visual studio but not how to decompress a 7z?

Nick