Is boost supported on z/os

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hello

Does boost supported on z/os or may be subset of library. We are planning
to replace our current library with boost. One of the platform we support
is z/os and so I am researching if boost can be compiled and usable on the
platform.
I did searched on the internet but did not get much information. Before I
dive into it, I thought to ask.

Thanks
Naveen

Re: Is boost supported on z/os

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Thu, Oct 25, 2018, 07:50 Naveen Sharma via Boost <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> Does boost supported on z/os or may be subset of library.

Most of the libraries should work well. There may be problems with
libraries that use OS calls a lot (like Boost.Filesystem).

The best way to know it - to try. If something does not work - we can fix
it, but to be able to do that you have to run regression tests for some
time on zOS: https://www.boost.org/development/running_regression_tests.html

Re: Is boost supported on z/os

Boost - Dev mailing list

> On 26-Oct-2018, at 12:58 PM, Antony Polukhin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Oct 25, 2018, 07:50 Naveen Sharma via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> Does boost supported on z/os or may be subset of library.
>

> Most of the libraries should work well. There may be problems with libraries that use OS calls a lot (like Boost.Filesystem).
>
> The best way to know it - to try. If something does not work - we can fix it, but to be able to do that you have to run regression tests for some time on zOS: https://www.boost.org/development/running_regression_tests.html

Thank you. Mostly it will be containers, decimals and regular expressions.
I will give it a try. This is the first time I am using boost. I think this mailing list is good for getting help if I have problems building ?