[Interprocess] Message queue hex names

Boost - Users mailing list

I have a handful of processes all communicating with message queues. Infrequently, if a process crashes and restarts, it can’t connect to the previously created message queue and creates a new one with a long hex name. This is under Windows, but I’m seeing indications the same thing is happening under Linux. Or something very similar.

Under what circumstances does it do this and if I can’t stop it, can I at least detect that it happened?