Interactive mail

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hello everyone, myself Siddharth Pandey, a sophomore at Indian Institute of
Information Technology Sri City, India.
I love to do Competitive Programming and have a keen interest in Open
Source Contribution.
I have a strong foundation on C,C++ and  some about Python & Java.
Also I am trying to explore the field of Data Science & Machine learning.
For more information do visit my Portfolio website
https://siddharth25pandey.github.io/
I want to contribute to the Boost Organisation but I am quite confused how
to start with.
It will be really helpful if any mentor can guide me how to start
Contributing to get a great learning from such a highly reputed
organization.

Thanks & Regards
Siddharth Pandey

Re: Interactive mail

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 10:32 AM SIDDHARTH PANDEY via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> It will be really helpful if any mentor can guide me how to start
> Contributing to get a great learning from such a highly reputed
> organization.

Well, the first thing you should do is STAR this repository:

<https://github.com/CPPAlliance/json/>

And then you might consider participating in the Formal Review of
Boost.JSON (repo link above)

Thanks

Re: Interactive mail

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 9/16/20 9:21 PM, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 10:32 AM SIDDHARTH PANDEY via Boost
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> It will be really helpful if any mentor can guide me how to start
>> Contributing to get a great learning from such a highly reputed
>> organization.
>
> Well, the first thing you should do is STAR this repository:

No, you shouldn't. That is, you are not required to star, subscribe,
repost, retweet or do any other kind of social advertisement of any
Boost (let alone candidate) libraries.

(Vinnie, Boost ML is not your marketing outlet. By posting requests like
the above you misguide newcomers and do a disservice to Boost.)

In order to start participating I would recommend to first read our
posting guidelines:

https://www.boost.org/community/policy.html

Read and participate in discussions, pick a library of your interest,
see if you can help with bug fixes and improvements, start making pull
requests on GitHub, etc. In case if you have an idea for a new library,
make a proposal on this list. Here are the guidelines for new libraries:

https://www.boost.org/development/submissions.html

> <https://github.com/CPPAlliance/json/>
>
> And then you might consider participating in the Formal Review of
> Boost.JSON (repo link above)

With this I agree - if you have experteese and interest in the domain of
the proposed libraries, we always welcome reviews. Here are the
guidelines for making a review (and the review process in general):

https://www.boost.org/community/reviews.html

Re: Interactive mail

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 at 19:32, SIDDHARTH PANDEY via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I want to contribute to the Boost Organisation but I am quite confused how
> to start with.
> It will be really helpful if any mentor can guide me how to start
> Contributing to get a great learning from such a highly reputed
> organization.

Answer to this recurring question is given in the FAQ on the boost.org
It also has been answered here in the past, for example, here is mine:
https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2019/11/247468.php