Include only library files not copied to include path

Include only library files not copied to include path

Boost - Build mailing list

I use the following command to build boost 1.66.0 for Visual C++ 2015:

“b2 --toolset=msvc-14.0 --with-thread --with-filesystem --with-date_time --with-regex --with-locale --with-atomic --with-program_options link=static,shared address-model=64 threading=multi --build-type=complete --stagedir=stage\x64 -a define=BOOST_USE_WINAPI_VERSION=0x0501”

The build completes successfully with the following message (I replaced the complete path with ellipsis):

-----------------

The Boost C++ Libraries were successfully built!

The following directory should be added to compiler include paths:

    C:\...\boost\1_66_0

The following directory should be added to linker library paths:

    C:\...\boost\1_66_0\stage\x64\lib

-----------------

Header files for specified libraries (thread, filesystem etc.) are copied under …\boost\1_66_0\boost\... as expected, however, files for several header only libraries (such as algorithm\string.hpp) are not copied to the expected location and that causes building the project which uses them to fail.

Am I using b2 incorrectly?

Is there a command line argument that directs b2 to copy the files for header only libraries that I need to use?

Or do I need to manually copy the missing files to the right include path?

Thanks,

Adrian

Re: Include only library files not copied to include path

Boost - Build mailing list
AMDG

On 01/02/2018 08:03 PM, Adrian Michel via Boost-build wrote:
> I use the following command to build boost 1.66.0 for Visual C++ 2015:
> <snip>
> Header files for specified libraries (thread, filesystem etc.) are copied
> under .\boost\1_66_0\boost\... as expected, however, files for several
> header only libraries (such as algorithm\string.hpp) are not copied to the
> expected location and that causes building the project which uses them to
> fail.

  The files are supposed to be in boost\ already,
if you're using an official release.  If you're
working from git, you need `b2 headers`  (I've
fixed develop, so that stage automatically runs
headers, but it was after 1.66.)

> Am I using b2 incorrectly?
>
> Is there a command line argument that directs b2 to copy the files for
> header only libraries that I need to use?
>> Or do I need to manually copy the missing files to the right include path?

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

Re: Include only library files not copied to include path

Boost - Build mailing list
Yes, I'm working from git.

"b2 includes" has fixed it. Thanks!

Adrian

On 01/02/2018 08:03 PM, Adrian Michel via Boost-build wrote:
> I use the following command to build boost 1.66.0 for Visual C++ 2015:
> <snip>
> Header files for specified libraries (thread, filesystem etc.) are
> copied under .\boost\1_66_0\boost\... as expected, however, files for
> several header only libraries (such as algorithm\string.hpp) are not
> copied to the expected location and that causes building the project
> which uses them to fail.

  The files are supposed to be in boost\ already, if you're using an
official release.  If you're working from git, you need `b2 headers`  (I've
fixed develop, so that stage automatically runs headers, but it was after
1.66.)

> Am I using b2 incorrectly?
>
> Is there a command line argument that directs b2 to copy the files for
> header only libraries that I need to use?
>> Or do I need to manually copy the missing files to the right include
path?

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe