[Improving Boost Docs] Help request, Syntax Highlighting

[Improving Boost Docs] Help request, Syntax Highlighting

Matias Capeletto
Note: This message is part of a series of "Help request" posts. We
need cool guys to help us in the docs project. There are some
interesting task that may be done by one or two folks, and that will
really help that this project comes up well. There are no time frames,
just a bunch of people with different paces working together to make
boost docs better. I am sending this message to the boost devel list
to reach more hands. If you are interested (please be!) move further
discussion to the boost-docs list. Thanks!

We now have the option to change the syntax highlighting to the
colours of our favourite IDE dynamically while reading the docs.
You can read more about this here:
http://tinyurl.com/2an9yt

We need someone to identify the most used IDEs, so we include them in
our docs. There have to be no more than ten possible options. I think
that we can choose only five or six.

The project consist in checking that the colours are right, and make
the colour set for the missing IDEs. When this first task is finished,
we must came up with a default syntax highlighting scheme for boost,
that may be a combination of the others. We need to choose the colors,
the font weight, etc and write a rationale for the future. (A
discussion about this can be founded here: http://tinyurl.com/2td4su)

We need you! (jaja... I am running out of "jump in" catching phrases)

Thanks!
Best regards
Matias

Re: [Improving Boost Docs] Help request, Syntax Highlighting

Stuart Dootson
On 22/06/07, Matias Capeletto <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We now have the option to change the syntax highlighting to the
> colours of our favourite IDE dynamically while reading the docs.
> You can read more about this here:
> http://tinyurl.com/2an9yt
>
> We need someone to identify the most used IDEs, so we include them in
> our docs. There have to be no more than ten possible options. I think
> that we can choose only five or six.
>
> The project consist in checking that the colours are right, and make
> the colour set for the missing IDEs. When this first task is finished,
> we must came up with a default syntax highlighting scheme for boost,
> that may be a combination of the others. We need to choose the colors,
> the font weight, etc and write a rationale for the future. (A
> discussion about this can be founded here: http://tinyurl.com/2td4su)
>
> We need you! (jaja... I am running out of "jump in" catching phrases)
>
> Thanks!
> Best regards
> Matias

Here are a couple of Max OS X syntax colouring screenshots:

1) XCode default - http://stuart.dootson.googlepages.com/XCode.png
2) TextMate, Mac Classic theme -
http://stuart.dootson.googlepages.com/TextMate.png

I wonder whether it's worth bothering with either of these - XCode is
pretty monochromatic, and TextMate has so many easily switchable
themes, that I wonder which is the majority selection.

As for fonts, by default, they both use 10pt Monaco (but TextMate
anti-aliases while XCode doesn't).

Stuart Dootson