[Improving Boost Docs] Help Request, Request for Testers

[Improving Boost Docs] Help Request, Request for Testers

Stuart Dootson
As many of you will be aware, Matias Capeletto has been working at
improving the Boost documentation in various ways, one of which is
adding webpage functionality.

Now, hopefully all these changes are cross-browser compatible, but to
make sure, we need testers using as many platforms and browsers as we
can get hold of. We currently have the combinations shown below
covered, but could do with coverage a) for ones we don't already have,
and b) to provide confirmation of existing test results.

   Firefox 2, Opera 9, Konqueror on Linux
   Firefox 2, IE 6, IE 7 on Windows XP
   Firefox 2, Camino 1.5, Safari 3 on Mac OS X

If you are willing and able to help with testing (see
http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/BrowserTestingChart for details
of what's involved), please let me know. I will then add you to the
list of testers I have and will let you know when updated docs are
available and re-testing is required. I'll then collate results
(manually at first, but not for long - I'm lazy).

So - please get in touch!

Stuart Dootson

Re: [Improving Boost Docs] Help Request, Request for Testers

Cédric Venet
> Now, hopefully all these changes are cross-browser compatible, but to

If the test documents are
http://beta.boost.org/development/doc/doc_test/doc/html/index.html
Then the support for IE 6 and 7 are partially broken: no link box and IE7 no
more have IDE selector.
But it degrade gracefully.

It was fully working before on IE7 except a minor bug.

Cédric Venet

Re: [Improving Boost Docs] Help Request, Request for Testers

Matias Capeletto
On 7/4/07, Cédric Venet <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Now, hopefully all these changes are cross-browser compatible, but to
>
> If the test documents are
> http://beta.boost.org/development/doc/doc_test/doc/html/index.html
> Then the support for IE 6 and 7 are partially broken: no link box and IE7 no
> more have IDE selector.
> But it degrade gracefully.
>
> It was fully working before on IE7 except a minor bug.

I saw the table. I was trying to fix Safari but failed. I will revert
the change, and IE7 will be clean again.

Best regards
Matias