How to respond to mailing list

Kirk Liberty
Hello,

I'm sorry to have to ask this, but I've googled all around and can't figure
it out. My email is set up to receive periodic digests of the mailing list.
If I want to respond to an email thread, how would I do that?

Thanks,
Kirk

Re: How to respond to mailing list

Niall Douglas
On 4 Sep 2014 at 1:54, Kirk Liberty wrote:

> I'm sorry to have to ask this, but I've googled all around and can't figure
> it out. My email is set up to receive periodic digests of the mailing list.
> If I want to respond to an email thread, how would I do that?

With difficulty. I used to manually edit replies, but people here got
annoyed because I broke their threading email viewer.

You can turn on MIME digests, this attaches the originals as MIME
attachments. Some email clients let you reply to those, and then
everything works. Most email clients don't though, in which case
you're back onto not using digest.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/

SMime.p7s (8K) Download Attachment

Re: How to respond to mailing list

Robert Ramey
I also had this problem.

I was using the google groups interface.  But I seemed that it stopped posting my emails.  I didn't realize this for several months.  (The fact that I wasn't getting any responses to my posts triggered no red flags as this is normal for me).  Somewhere in some servers somewhere there are long intricate boost postings that will never see the light of day until some future cyber archeologists happen upon them and publish them as lost works of genius.

Now I use Nabble.  The reading interface is pretty good.  The Reply interface is a little clunky but it does the job.

Good luck with this.

Robert Ramey

Re: How to respond to mailing list

Michael Levine
On 09/04/2014 12:05 PM, Robert Ramey wrote:

> Now I use Nabble.  The reading interface is pretty good.  The Reply
> interface is a little clunky but it does the job.

In my case, I decided to use Thunderbird in conjunction with gmane as
NNTP server, which has worked out quite well.