How to resolve Boost error: Candidate function not viable: expects an l-value for 1st argument

How to resolve Boost error: Candidate function not viable: expects an l-value for 1st argument

Boost - Build mailing list
Hello,

I am trying to resolve this error: "5. Candidate function [with LoggerT = boost::log::v2s_mt_posix::sources::severity_logger_mt<boost::log::v2s_mt_posix::trivial::severity_level>] not viable: expects an l-value for 1st argument".

This error results in the inability to use the function "make_record_pump", in my .cxx file, because "make_record_pump" is not recognized as a function due to the previous error.

I am attempting to compile this project on Xcode 10.2, after building the project with the newest version of CMake.  I have built boost (version 1.69.0) and installed the dynamic libraries with homebrew.

Additionally, I have attached a series of screenshots to help portray this issue, and if there might be any more information I could provide, please let me know.

Thank you,
Austin Tapp

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 2.58.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 2.58.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 2.58.37 PM.png

Re: How to resolve Boost error: Candidate function not viable: expects an l-value for 1st argument

Boost - Build mailing list
You should ask about this on the Boost users list, or perhaps the main dev list. Make sure to tag the subject appropriately with the lib name you are having problems with. And avoid image attachments to maximize the number of people who will read your question. See <https://www.boost.org/community/groups.htm> for other helpful posting suggestions.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything