How to reply to a post?

Yiqing

I am new to this mailing list. I have a stupid question. How do I reply to a post? I can send an email to [hidden email], but how to get the post message to reply to?

I could not find a way to do it from the web http://sourceforge.net/p/spirit/mailman/spirit-general/. I don’t receive email for each posts, only the daily summary.  For now, I just copy the previous message body from the web into the email . It’s very inconvenient and the text does not look right.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Yiqing

Re: How to reply to a post?

Lee Clagett-2
On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 2:40 PM, YiQing Yang <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am new to this mailing list. I have a stupid question. How do I reply to a post? I can send an email to [hidden email], but how to get the post message to reply to?

I could not find a way to do it from the web http://sourceforge.net/p/spirit/mailman/spirit-general/. I don’t receive email for each posts, only the daily summary.  For now, I just copy the previous message body from the web into the email . It’s very inconvenient and the text does not look right.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Yiqing

Its difficult to respond from your email client when you receive the daily digests. Each post should come with specific headers that email clients use to track threads and responses to specific messages. That isn't properly sent with the daily digests.

My suggestion is look into web interfaces Nabble [ http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/spirit-general-f2672582.html ], Gmane [ http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.parsers.spirit.general ], or switch to receiving every post + filter mailing list posts. Most email clients should allow you to move messages from the inbox to another folder (skip inbox on gmail), so you aren't cluttered with mailing list posts.

Lee

Re: How to reply to a post?

Yiqing
Thanks Lee. That's very helpful!