How do I test more configurations locally

How do I test more configurations locally

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hello all,

How do I test more configurations on my local systems rather than relying
on TravisCI and AppVeyor?

I've been working on fixing up BGL to pass basic TravisCI and AppVeyor
tests, but it seems I have to be particularly reliant on those online
tests.  I'd like to have more of that done on my local system.  There is
probably a way to do that, but I don't know what it is.

Re: How do I test more configurations locally

Boost - Dev mailing list
On 9/14/2018 2:33 PM, Joshua Marshall via Boost wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> How do I test more configurations on my local systems rather than relying
> on TravisCI and AppVeyor?
>
> I've been working on fixing up BGL to pass basic TravisCI and AppVeyor
> tests, but it seems I have to be particularly reliant on those online
> tests.  I'd like to have more of that done on my local system.  There is
> probably a way to do that, but I don't know what it is.

b2 toolset=xxx etc.

You can setup your toolsets in your user-config.jam file.

Re: How do I test more configurations locally

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 4:29 PM, Edward Diener via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 9/14/2018 2:33 PM, Joshua Marshall via Boost wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> How do I test more configurations on my local systems rather than relying
>> on TravisCI and AppVeyor?
>>
>> I've been working on fixing up BGL to pass basic TravisCI and AppVeyor
>> tests, but it seems I have to be particularly reliant on those online
>> tests.  I'd like to have more of that done on my local system.  There is
>> probably a way to do that, but I don't know what it is.
>>

> b2 toolset=xxx etc.
>
> You can setup your toolsets in your user-config.jam file.

Where is documentation on this?  Should the user-config.jam go in the BGL
root, BGL test dir, or Boost root?  How to I find available arguments to
'toolset'?

Joshua Marshall wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 4:29 PM, Edward Diener via Boost <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > On 9/14/2018 2:33 PM, Joshua Marshall via Boost wrote:
> >
> >> Hello all,
> >>
> >> How do I test more configurations on my local systems rather than
> >> relying on TravisCI and AppVeyor?

> > b2 toolset=xxx etc.
> >
> > You can setup your toolsets in your user-config.jam file.
>

> Where is documentation on this?  Should the user-config.jam go in the BGL
> root, BGL test dir, or Boost root?  How to I find available arguments to
> 'toolset'?

What is your platform, and what compilers do you want to use?

The documentation is here:

https://boostorg.github.io/build/manual/develop/index.html#bbv2.overview.configuration

but if you want to use, f.ex. g++ versions 5, 6, 7 and 8, you don't need a
user-config, you just cd into libs/graph/test and issue

b2 toolset=gcc-5,gcc-6,gcc-7,gcc-8

If in addition you want to test C++03, C++11, C++14, C++17, you add

  cxxstd=03,11,14,1z

to the command line. (1z because gcc 5/6 don't have 17.)

If you have clang installed in the path, you can add `clang` to the toolset
list.

Or you could use a single toolset with

b2 toolset=gcc

which will use the default g++.