How do I specify a dependency for a feature?

How do I specify a dependency for a feature?

Boost - Build mailing list
Hi,
I'd like to specify a dependency for a feature, like below:

feature.compose <MyFeature>yes :
  <define>MY_FEATURE
  <toolset>gcc-6.0.0:<include>$(dir-6.0.0)/include
  <toolset>gcc-10.0.0:<include>$(dir-10.0.0)/include

Is there a way I can do this with Boost::build?

Thanks,
Uri

Re: How do I specify a dependency for a feature?

Boost - Build mailing list

Hi Uri,

Yes, here’s the example I did for our VxWorks wrapper for Boost.

We cross-compile on Windows and Linux, so it just make sure the defaults from the host environment aren’t used.

The feature.feature declares a feature called cross-compile with a possible option of vxworks

The feature.compose declares what selecting the option vxworks does.

feature.feature cross-compile

    : vxworks

    : composite propagated optional ;

feature.compose <cross-compile>vxworks

  : <target-os>vxworks

    <threadapi>pthread

    <threading>multi

    <inlining>full

    <optimization>speed

    <binary-format>elf

    <abi>sysv

  ;

Re: How do I specify a dependency for a feature?

Boost - Build mailing list
Hi Brian,
Appreciate the reply. That's not quite what I was looking for. Rather than a single definition of the vxworks value, can you create two definitions? One for each version of GCC.

It occurs to me that I can also have two different values for cross-compile too but I'd like to know if it's possible for the same value.

Thanks,
Uri