Handle upcoming XP-target toolset of VC11

Handle upcoming XP-target toolset of VC11

Lars Viklund
Hi list.

Microsoft are testing their update system for Visual Studio 2012 [1],
which includes a v110_xp toolset [2] for "restoring" support for
building software that may run on Windows XP.

In essence, it uses a repurposed Windows 7 SDK with the VS 2012
compiler, instead of the Windows 8 SDK used in the normal v110 toolset.

How would this oddball variant be handled in the Boost.Build msvc
toolset, and how would you spell the version of it?

Has anyone installed these pre-release bits and seen how miserably it
fails?

(I've mailed boost@ about the Boost.Config implications.)

[1] http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudioalm/archive/2012/10/08/visual-studio-2012-update-1-ctp.aspx
[2] http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2012/10/08/10357555.aspx

--
Lars Viklund | [hidden email]

Re: Handle upcoming XP-target toolset of VC11

paulo.alves
Hi,

I think this could be done using subfeature, and it would be called like this:

b2 toolset=msvc-11.0-xp

Re: Handle upcoming XP-target toolset of VC11

Robert Hegner
Is such a subfeature already available? Or some workaround to build the
boost libraries with v110_xp?

Am 09.10.2012 13:58, schrieb Paulo Márcio Figueiredo Alves:

> Hi,
>
> I think this could be done using subfeature, and it would be called like
> this:
>
> b2 toolset=msvc-11.0-xp

Re: Handle upcoming XP-target toolset of VC11

kgiloo
Hello,
Any update how to build boost with v110_xp?
Thank you