HTTP errors on http://boost-spirit.com/

sehe
The Boost Spirit home site seems down/out of order:

unable to complete your request.

Re: HTTP errors on http://boost-spirit.com/

Michael Powell-2
On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 7:56 AM, Seth <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The Boost Spirit home site seems down/out of order:

> unable to complete your request.

It seems Sourceforge-wide; I received a similar report from another
list to which I subscribe.

Re: HTTP errors on http://boost-spirit.com/

Mario Lang
Michael Powell <[hidden email]> writes:

> On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 7:56 AM, Seth <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The Boost Spirit home site seems down/out of order:
>>
>> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
>> unable to complete your request.
>
> It seems Sourceforge-wide; I received a similar report from another
> list to which I subscribe.

duck.debian.net had a jump in URL failures for SourceForge just a few
days ago.  It appears over tausand project pages are now 503.

Given the bad press recently, it seems like really time to leave the
sinking boat.

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 9:40 AM, Mario Lang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Michael Powell <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 7:56 AM, Seth <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> The Boost Spirit home site seems down/out of order:
>>>
>>> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
>>> unable to complete your request.
>>
>> It seems Sourceforge-wide; I received a similar report from another
>> list to which I subscribe.
>
> duck.debian.net had a jump in URL failures for SourceForge just a few
> days ago.  It appears over tausand project pages are now 503.
>
> Given the bad press recently, it seems like really time to leave the
> sinking boat.

Many folks have been adopting Github ...

> --
> CYa,
>   ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕

Re: HTTP errors on http://boost-spirit.com/

Joel de Guzman
On 7/22/15 7:56 PM, Seth wrote:
> The Boost Spirit home site seems down/out of order:

> unable to complete your request.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking into it.

Joel de Guzman
http://www.ciere.com
http://boost-spirit.com
http://www.cycfi.com/

On 7/22/15 10:45 PM, Joel de Guzman wrote:
> On 7/22/15 7:56 PM, Seth wrote:
>> The Boost Spirit home site seems down/out of order:
>>
>> The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was
>> unable to complete your request.
>
> Thanks for the heads up. I'm looking into it.

OK, it's a database server problem. I just emailed support and got this
reply: "Joel, sorry for the inconvenience. We are working on this and
should have it fully resolved very soon, thanks!"

Now that sucks! Perhaps it's time to switch hosting. No, don't
blame SourceForge, we switched away from them a long time ago.

Joel de Guzman
http://www.ciere.com
http://boost-spirit.com
http://www.cycfi.com/