[HP-UX_ia64_aCC] what is the value of __HP_aCC ?

[HP-UX_ia64_aCC] what is the value of __HP_aCC ?

Eric Niebler

 From http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/HP-UX_ia64_aCC.html,
I read the compiler version as:

   HP C/aC++ B3910B A.06.17 [Mar 4 2008]

I don't know how to translate this into a value of the __HP_aCC macro
that I can test for in my code. Any help?

Aside: it would be very nice if each of the test runners could provide
such version information so library maintainers can know how to
formulate their workarounds.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing

Re: [HP-UX_ia64_aCC] what is the value of __HP_aCC ?

Gubenko, Boris
>From HP aC++/HP C Online Programmer's Guide:

  __HP_aCC identifies the HP aC++ compiler driver version. It is represented
  up to six digits in the format mmnnxx, where mm is the major version number,
  nn is the minor version number, and xx is any extension. For example, for
  version A.06.00, __HP_aCC=60000.

For example, for A.06.17, __HP_aCC has a value of 61700

The aC++ compiler compile also defines __EDG__ macro as 1 and __EDG_VERSION__
macro. For A.06.17, __EDG_VERSION__ is 308 (corresponds to EDG Version 3.8).

Thanks,
  Boris

John Maddock
Eric Niebler wrote:

>> From
>> http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/HP-UX_ia64_aCC.html, I
>> read the compiler version as:
>>
>>   HP C/aC++ B3910B A.06.17 [Mar 4 2008]
>>
>> I don't know how to translate this into a value of the __HP_aCC macro
>> that I can test for in my code. Any help?
>>
>> Aside: it would be very nice if each of the test runners could
>> provide such version information so library maintainers can know how
>> to formulate their workarounds.

Eric, this information is always available by checking the output from the
config_info test, in this case:
http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/output/HP-UX_ia64_aCC-boost-bin-v2-libs-config-test-config_info-test-acc-debug.html
has:

    __HP_aCC                                =61700

The math_info test also has a variety of useful information in it's results
BTW.  If there's anything not already printed out by these two then please
do either add it, or ping me about it.

HTH, John.

John Maddock wrote:

>> Eric Niebler wrote:
>>>
>>> Aside: it would be very nice if each of the test runners could
>>> provide such version information so library maintainers can know how
>>> to formulate their workarounds.
>
> Eric, this information is always available by checking the output from
> the config_info test, in this case:
> http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/output/HP-UX_ia64_aCC-boost-bin-v2-libs-config-test-config_info-test-acc-debug.html
> has:
>
>    __HP_aCC                                =61700
>
> The math_info test also has a variety of useful information in it's
> results BTW.  If there's anything not already printed out by these two
> then please do either add it, or ping me about it.

Great, thanks! It's good to know this information is available, even if
it is hidden rather well.

Eric Niebler wrote:
>> Great, thanks! It's good to know this information is available, even
>> if it is hidden rather well.

If there's a way to make it more visible I'm open to ideas :-)

John.

John Maddock wrote:
> Eric Niebler wrote:
>>> Great, thanks! It's good to know this information is available, even
>>> if it is hidden rather well.
>
> If there's a way to make it more visible I'm open to ideas :-)

FWIW, I went looking for this information at the toolset information
page linked to from the regression results. That would seem to be a good
place to put a link to the config_info stuff.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing
http://www.boostpro.com

Re: [HP-UX_ia64_aCC] what is the value of __HP_aCC ?

Gennaro Prota-2
Eric Niebler wrote:

> John Maddock wrote:
[snip]
>> The math_info test also has a variety of useful information in it's
>> results BTW.  If there's anything not already printed out by these two
>> then please do either add it, or ping me about it.
>
> Great, thanks! It's good to know this information is available, even if
> it is hidden rather well.

This is what I replied, instead, in a similar situation:

   <http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2008/09/142070.php>

Eric, would you give me a little course in diplomacy?

--
Genny