Gsoc 2019

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hey I'm new, but I'd like to contribute to your organisation, can someone
please guide me along?

Re: Gsoc 2019

Shubham Verma Via Boost wrote:
> Hey I'm new, but I'd like to contribute to your organisation, can someone
> please guide me along?

There are many ways you could contribute. So many it's impossible to
tell you what to do exactly. In every library there are bugs to fix and
documentation to improve. In most of the cases you could propose to add
some new feature. Some libraries are well established so the development
is mostly maintenence others are younger so many new features are
developed. I advise you to learn about various libraries, think which
one you find interesting. Then you can go further from that point,
decide to fix bugs to help and learn about the library, propose some new
feature if you happen to think about one or ask if the developers
already have some ideas about new features but lack free time to
implement them.

If you're thinking about contrinution during Gsoc I think it's
reasonable to assume that the libraries involved in Gsoc18 will also be
involved in Gsoc19, assuming Boost gets involved. However if you choose
to contribute to different library you'll probably find a mentor too.

Adam

Re: Gsoc 2019

I have just finished GSOC 2018 contributing to Boost.uBLAS. I agree with
Adam.

There is no Boost GSOC 2019 Wiki yet. However, you could start reading
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Boost-Google-Summer-of-Code-2018 and
https://google.github.io/gsocguides/student/ in order to understand the
requirements for being accepted and the process. Also have a look at
https://github.com/BoostGSoC18 how previous GSOC students have implemented
their projects and organized themselves. I think there will be something
similar for GSOC 2019.

Cem

Am Mo., 27. Aug. 2018 um 16:19 Uhr schrieb Shubham Verma via Boost <
[hidden email]>:

> Hey I'm new, but I'd like to contribute to your organisation, can someone
> please guide me along?

Re: Gsoc 2019

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 10:00 PM Cem Bassoy via Boost <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I have just finished GSOC 2018 contributing to Boost.uBLAS. I agree with
> Adam.
>
> There is no Boost GSOC 2019 Wiki yet. However, you could start reading
> https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Boost-Google-Summer-of-Code-2018
> and
> https://google.github.io/gsocguides/student/ in order to understand the
> requirements for being accepted and the process. Also have a look at
> https://github.com/BoostGSoC18 how previous GSOC students have implemented
> their projects and organized themselves. I think there will be something
> similar for GSOC 2019.
>
> In addition to this you can also visit boost organization on GSoC site[1].
Here you can find Code submision links. This links will be helpful because
all the students have written blogs about what they have done and what can
be done in future it will make things easy for you to understand and
preapre for future projects.

[1]
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/4507228564881408/#4745933196099584

Re: Gsoc 2019

> There is no Boost GSOC 2019 Wiki yet. However, you could start reading
> https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Boost-Google-Summer-of-Code-2018

Wow, not yet. GSoc 2018 just finished. Let's celebrate our excellent
students, have some rest, wait for the summer to come (at least in my part
of the world) and for the winter to pass for the other part of the world.
Then I'll update the wiki and start thinking about GSOC'19.

And let's update Boost.uBlas with all the new and old code we need to push.
:-D

David