GSoc 2020

Boost - Dev mailing list
 Hello everyone,

I am Aniswar Krishnan, a 2nd year Computer Science student at Indian
Institute of Technology, Madras. I am have been coding in c++ and python
for the past 15 months. I am interested in Mathematics and Algorithms and
have done courses on same along with Data Structures, Linear Algebra. I got
interested int the projects like Boost.Real and Boost GIL and would like to
contribute more to the community.
Please guide me and share the relevant resources needed.

Will be grateful.

Regards,
Aniswar Krishnan
II Year Computer Science
IIT Madras
Chennai, Tamil Nadu

Re: GSoc 2020

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 at 17:45, Aniswar SK via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I got interested int the projects like Boost.Real and Boost GIL and would like to
> contribute more to the community.
> Please guide me and share the relevant resources needed.

Have you visited ***obvious*** places and found any resources already?

Have you visited https://boost.org ?
Have you visited https://www.boost.org/users/faq.html ?
Have you visited https://github.com/boostorg/boost ?
Have you visited https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki ?
Have you visited
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code%3A-Overview
?

Finally, since this is really a recurring question, obviously, have
you searched the archives?
Hint: there is search box at https://lists.boost.org

You will find answers like
https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2019/11/247468.php

GSoC usually kickstarts starts in Jan-Feb, so you may find
helpful to look for similar threads of that period last year
https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost//2019/01/index.php
https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost//2019/02/index.php
https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost//2019/03/index.php
and even years before.

There really is plenty in archive to search and read in order to learn
more about the process, about what students asked about and
were suggested/requested to do in previous years, plenty of resources to
prepare for participation and submission of a project proposal for GSoC 2020.

Finally, monitor this list for any GSoC announcements in Jan/Feb 2020.

Re: GSoc 2020

In the case of real, there is a list of pending job to be done published by
the last year students.
And current codebase here:
https://github.com/BoostGSoC19/Real/blob/master/README.md

Take a look at that and feel free to contact me with any questions.