[GSoC19] run-time Ratios

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi everyone,

It has been noticed that C++ provides a class to store ratios/fractions at
compile-time. They provide very limited functionalities and are not
modifiable during run-time.
My *idea* is to have a *Ratio class* which provides all the necessary
functionalities at run-time as well.

I have already implemented this partially and I am willing to make it 100%
ready for inclusion in Boost.

Some guidance would be appreciated on how to proceed with this idea for
GSoC19.
Would anybody be interested in mentoring this idea for GSoC19 ?

Regards,
Fenil Mehta

Re: [GSoC19] run-time Ratios

Boost - Dev mailing list
AMDG

On 2/3/19 11:03 AM, Fenil Mehta via Boost wrote:

> It has been noticed that C++ provides a class to store ratios/fractions at
> compile-time. They provide very limited functionalities and are not
> modifiable during run-time.
> My *idea* is to have a *Ratio class* which provides all the necessary
> functionalities at run-time as well.
>
> I have already implemented this partially and I am willing to make it 100%
> ready for inclusion in Boost.
>
> Some guidance would be appreciated on how to proceed with this idea for
> GSoC19.
> Would anybody be interested in mentoring this idea for GSoC19 ?

Have you seen Boost.Rational:
https://www.boost.org/libs/rational

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe