GSoC

Dave Abrahams

Has anyone moved to do something about GSoC this year?  Someone should get back
to this guy, but it shouldn't be me unless the answer is going to be "we're not
participating in 2011," which would be a shame!

Hello members,

Myself is Chaitali Shah, undergraduate student of Computer Engineering from
Sardar Patel Institute of Technology,Mumbai. I am interested in
participating in GSoC 2011 with Boost C++ libraries as mentoring
organisation. As a computer engineering student I have good programming
skills and am familiar with many new tools and technologies.

I am new to the list and to the organization. I went through the projects of
last year and found my interest over it. I saw that organization has already
started with the preparations of GSoc 2011 [1] and I wish to work with the
organization as a developer. I wanted to know if there are some task that i
should work on so as to better understand the code base and architecture
before the timeline. Thus, it will be helpful for me if you provide me or
guide me with some information as pre-requisites.

Thanks in advance.

[1] http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2010/10/172030.php
Chaitali Shah
Student at Sardar Patel Institute of Technology,Mumbai
Gtalk: [hidden email]

Re: GSoC

Andrew Sutton-3
> Has anyone moved to do something about GSoC this year?  Someone should get
> back
> to this guy, but it shouldn't be me unless the answer is going to be "we're
> not
> participating in 2011," which would be a shame!

I was going to put the application together early next week. Beyond that we
just need to generate some project ideas for the projects page, which has
actually been up for a couple of weeks.

Andrew Sutton

Re: GSoC

Simonson, Lucanus J
Dave Abrahams wrote:
> Has anyone moved to do something about GSoC this year?  Someone
> should get back to this guy, but it shouldn't be me unless the answer
> is going to be "we're not participating in 2011," which would be a
> shame!

I do plan on mentoring again, but I don't feel ready to step up and take on the role Andrew played last year.  I was about to ask the list where to direct my suggestions for GSoC projects for this year.  There was a lot of interest last year and no shortage of interesting projects I could suggest.

Luke

Re: GSoC

Andrew Sutton-3
> I do plan on mentoring again, but I don't feel ready to step up and take on
> the role Andrew played last year.  I was about to ask the list where to
> direct my suggestions for GSoC projects for this year.  There was a lot of
> interest last year and no shortage of interesting projects I could suggest.

I meant to post a link to the projects page in the last email, but got side
tracked before sending :)

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2011

If you don't have write access to the wiki, just email your ideas to my
other address ([hidden email] --- there's so much volume on this
account that I can easily miss stuff) and I can add them to the page.

Andrew

Re: GSoC

Dave Abrahams
At Tue, 8 Feb 2011 15:02:09 -0600,
Andrew Sutton wrote:

> > Has anyone moved to do something about GSoC this year?  Someone should get
> > back
> > to this guy, but it shouldn't be me unless the answer is going to be "we're
> > not
> > participating in 2011," which would be a shame!
> >

> I was going to put the application together early next week. Beyond that we
> just need to generate some project ideas for the projects page, which has
> actually been up for a couple of weeks.

Okay, thanks... but can you answer the OP's mail on the -users list please?

TIA,

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing