[GSoC 2020] Proposal Review

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[GSoC 2020] Proposal Review

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi Boost Community,

I have prepared a draft of my Proposal for Boost.GIL's Project
on Implementation of Image Processing Algorithms.

I'd love to hear your comments on the same.

Link to Proposal -
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JwHOxS6DG0c0GgvBnpSmvxz1PtgMMlrga9FJOyOG03E/edit?usp=sharing

Please let me know you reviews :)

Thank you and Regards
Ayush Bansal
Fifth Year Undergraduate Student
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
IIT Kharagpur
LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/ayush-bansal-b0727a116/>

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GSoC 2020] Proposal Review

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 at 21:00, Ayush Bansal via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Boost Community,
>
> I have prepared a draft of my Proposal for Boost.GIL's Project
> on Implementation of Image Processing Algorithms.
>
> I'd love to hear your comments on the same.
>
> Link to Proposal -
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JwHOxS6DG0c0GgvBnpSmvxz1PtgMMlrga9FJOyOG03E/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Please let me know you reviews :)

Hi Ayush,

Thanks for the proposal.
I will have a look and you if I have any suggestions, I'll let you know.
You may also hear from Pranam who is also going to mentor this year.

You may also hear from anyone else, any GIL user or developer,
who wants to share comments. At this stage, it's an open process.

Best regards,
--
Mateusz Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GSoC 2020] Proposal Review

Boost - Dev mailing list
 > I have prepared a draft of my Proposal for Boost.GIL's Project
> on Implementation of Image Processing Algorithms.
>
> I'd love to hear your comments on the same.
Hi Ayush,
Thank you for your proposal.I find your proposal good, clear and relevantfor the project. Good work.
Kind regards, Chris

    On Monday, March 23, 2020, 10:15:18 PM GMT+1, Mateusz Loskot via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:  
 
 On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 at 21:00, Ayush Bansal via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Boost Community,
>
> I have prepared a draft of my Proposal for Boost.GIL's Project
> on Implementation of Image Processing Algorithms.
>
> I'd love to hear your comments on the same.
>
> Link to Proposal -
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JwHOxS6DG0c0GgvBnpSmvxz1PtgMMlrga9FJOyOG03E/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Please let me know you reviews :)

Hi Ayush,

Thanks for the proposal.
I will have a look and you if I have any suggestions, I'll let you know.
You may also hear from Pranam who is also going to mentor this year.

You may also hear from anyone else, any GIL user or developer,
who wants to share comments. At this stage, it's an open process.

Best regards,
--
Mateusz Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
 

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GSoC 2020] Proposal Review

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
Hello Ayush,
In your proposal, at one place you mentioned:

> *Mathematical Morphology -* To implement all the algorithms under this
> domain, we would first discuss and implement a data structure called
> Structuring Element. After that we plan to implement the following
> algorithms:
>

What kind of data structure do you think GIL is missing? which data
structure(s) you want to implement?

For the third point in you proposal, you might need to look again in the
GIL repository 😉

Thank you,
Pranam Lashkari


On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 1:30 AM Ayush Bansal via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Boost Community,
>
> I have prepared a draft of my Proposal for Boost.GIL's Project
> on Implementation of Image Processing Algorithms.
>
> I'd love to hear your comments on the same.
>
> Link to Proposal -
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JwHOxS6DG0c0GgvBnpSmvxz1PtgMMlrga9FJOyOG03E/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Please let me know you reviews :)
>
> Thank you and Regards
> Ayush Bansal
> Fifth Year Undergraduate Student
> Department of Computer Science and Engineering
> IIT Kharagpur
> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/ayush-bansal-b0727a116/>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Unsubscribe & other changes:
> http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
>

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GSoC 2020] Proposal Review

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi Pranam,
Thank you so much for reviewing my proposal.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 3:42 AM Pranam Lashkari <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello Ayush,
> In your proposal, at one place you mentioned:
>
>> *Mathematical Morphology -* To implement all the algorithms under this
>> domain, we would first discuss and implement a data structure called
>> Structuring Element. After that we plan to implement the following
>> algorithms:
>>
>
> What kind of data structure do you think GIL is missing? which data
> structure(s) you want to implement?
>
The data structure that I had in my mind was Structuring Element. It is one
of basic structures necessary for morphological operations.
Ref. - https://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/rbf/HIPR2/strctel.htm

>
> For the third point in you proposal, you might need to look again in the
> GIL repository 😉
>
Thank you for pointing that out. I realised that Median Filter is already
implemented. I have removed it from my list of algorithms :)

>
> Thank you,
> Pranam Lashkari
>
>
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 1:30 AM Ayush Bansal via Boost <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Boost Community,
>>
>> I have prepared a draft of my Proposal for Boost.GIL's Project
>> on Implementation of Image Processing Algorithms.
>>
>> I'd love to hear your comments on the same.
>>
>> Link to Proposal -
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JwHOxS6DG0c0GgvBnpSmvxz1PtgMMlrga9FJOyOG03E/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>> Please let me know you reviews :)
>>
>> Thank you and Regards
>> Ayush Bansal
>> Fifth Year Undergraduate Student
>> Department of Computer Science and Engineering
>> IIT Kharagpur
>> LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/ayush-bansal-b0727a116/>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Unsubscribe & other changes:
>> http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
>
>
Also, I was wondering if it would be a good idea to add reference resources
for every algorithms I suggest in my proposal doc?

Thank you once again. :)

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GSoC 2020] Proposal Review

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi Christopher,

Thank you so much for the review.

Regards
Ayush Bansal
Fifth Year Undergraduate Student
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
IIT Kharagpur
LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/ayush-bansal-b0727a116/>


On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 3:13 AM Christopher Kormanyos via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

>  > I have prepared a draft of my Proposal for Boost.GIL's Project
> > on Implementation of Image Processing Algorithms.
> >
> > I'd love to hear your comments on the same.
> Hi Ayush,
> Thank you for your proposal.I find your proposal good, clear and
> relevantfor the project. Good work.
> Kind regards, Chris
>
>     On Monday, March 23, 2020, 10:15:18 PM GMT+1, Mateusz Loskot via Boost
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 at 21:00, Ayush Bansal via Boost
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Boost Community,
> >
> > I have prepared a draft of my Proposal for Boost.GIL's Project
> > on Implementation of Image Processing Algorithms.
> >
> > I'd love to hear your comments on the same.
> >
> > Link to Proposal -
> >
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JwHOxS6DG0c0GgvBnpSmvxz1PtgMMlrga9FJOyOG03E/edit?usp=sharing
> >
> > Please let me know you reviews :)
>
> Hi Ayush,
>
> Thanks for the proposal.
> I will have a look and you if I have any suggestions, I'll let you know.
> You may also hear from Pranam who is also going to mentor this year.
>
> You may also hear from anyone else, any GIL user or developer,
> who wants to share comments. At this stage, it's an open process.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> Mateusz Loskot, http://mateusz.loskot.net
>
> _______________________________________________
> Unsubscribe & other changes:
> http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Unsubscribe & other changes:
> http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
>

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost