GSoC 2019

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi Boost community,

this year again we applied to the GSoC programm, Google Summer of Code. We
hope to be as successfull as usual. I'm taking care of the admin work again
this year. I completed an application for Boost on the Google website. It
is somehow similar to our successfull applications from previous years.

What we need from the community now is the following:

1) if you want to be a backup admin (I will need maybe one or two extra
names at most), please let me know and I'll send you an invite.

2) if you wish to be a mentor, please let us know now and if possible on
this mailing list so that students will be aware of it too. Don't forget to
put the [gsoc2019] tag in the header of your email.

You can write your proposals on this wiki:
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code:-2019
Ideally, we want to see many proposals before beginning of next week.

3) if you are a student and wants to participate, it's about time to speak
loudly on the mailing list to pair with a potential mentor. The sooner the
better. You can find ideas from previous years here:
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code%3A-Overview

Happy coding.
David

[GSoC 2019]

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi David, all,

On 2019-01-29 1:35 a.m., David Bellot via Boost wrote:
> Hi Boost community,
>
> this year again we applied to the GSoC programm, Google Summer of Code. We
> hope to be as successfull as usual. I'm taking care of the admin work again
> this year. I completed an application for Boost on the Google website. It
> is somehow similar to our successfull applications from previous years.

That's great news, many thanks for working on this again !

> What we need from the community now is the following:
>
> 1) if you want to be a backup admin (I will need maybe one or two extra
> names at most), please let me know and I'll send you an invite.
>
> 2) if you wish to be a mentor, please let us know now and if possible on
> this mailing list so that students will be aware of it too. Don't forget to
> put the [gsoc2019] tag in the header of your email.

I'd be happy to consider mentoring again, with the libraries I'm
(co-)maintaining: Boost.Python, Boost.GIL, Boost.uBLAS. For those who
would like to work on one of those and want to discuss possible areas of
contribution: please get in touch !

(I may add a few suggestions to the wiki.)

Stefan

Re: [GSoC 2019]

Boost - Dev mailing list
I am Jibran zia, National University of Information and Technology student.
I will contribute in your project. GSoC 2019
On 29 Jan 2019 17:22, "Stefan Seefeld via Boost" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi David, all,
>
> On 2019-01-29 1:35 a.m., David Bellot via Boost wrote:
>
>> Hi Boost community,
>>
>> this year again we applied to the GSoC programm, Google Summer of Code. We
>> hope to be as successfull as usual. I'm taking care of the admin work
>> again
>> this year. I completed an application for Boost on the Google website. It
>> is somehow similar to our successfull applications from previous years.
>>

> That's great news, many thanks for working on this again !
>
> What we need from the community now is the following:
>>
>> 1) if you want to be a backup admin (I will need maybe one or two extra
>> names at most), please let me know and I'll send you an invite.
>>
>> 2) if you wish to be a mentor, please let us know now and if possible on
>> this mailing list so that students will be aware of it too. Don't forget
>> put the [gsoc2019] tag in the header of your email.
>>

> I'd be happy to consider mentoring again, with the libraries I'm
> (co-)maintaining: Boost.Python, Boost.GIL, Boost.uBLAS. For those who would
> like to work on one of those and want to discuss possible areas of
> contribution: please get in touch !
>
> (I may add a few suggestions to the wiki.)
>

> Stefan
> --
>
>       ...ich hab' noch einen Koffer in Berlin...

Re: [GSoC 2019]

Hi, my name is Amit Singh student of CSE in 2nd year and i would like to
contribute to boost.ublas.
1. Extending  https://github.com/BoostGSoC18/ublas-stats
<https://github.com/BoostGSoC18/ublas-stats >   with regression model and
statistic tools
2.Expression solver for example => "AX+B^2" which gives solution of
expression
3.Some features of functional programming similar to transform in c++ which
could help programmer to apply functions to whole matrix or vector or
transform the data. for example
       apply(M,[](float &val){
          val = sin(val);
       });

--
Sent from: http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/Boost-Dev-f2600599.html

Re: [GSoC 2019]

Hello,
I have added my name as a potential mentor on Boost.Astronomy. Please let
me know for further procedure required for becoming a mentor.

Thank you,
Ruchika Joshi

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 8:02 AM Jibran Zia via Boost <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I am Jibran zia, National University of Information and Technology student.
> I will contribute in your project. GSoC 2019
> On 29 Jan 2019 17:22, "Stefan Seefeld via Boost" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi David, all,
> >
> > On 2019-01-29 1:35 a.m., David Bellot via Boost wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Boost community,
> >>
> >> this year again we applied to the GSoC programm, Google Summer of Code.
> We
> >> hope to be as successfull as usual. I'm taking care of the admin work
> >> again
> >> this year. I completed an application for Boost on the Google website.
> It
> >> is somehow similar to our successfull applications from previous years.
> >>

> > That's great news, many thanks for working on this again !
> >
> > What we need from the community now is the following:
> >>
> >> 1) if you want to be a backup admin (I will need maybe one or two extra
> >> names at most), please let me know and I'll send you an invite.
> >>
> >> 2) if you wish to be a mentor, please let us know now and if possible on
> >> this mailing list so that students will be aware of it too. Don't forget
> >> put the [gsoc2019] tag in the header of your email.
> >>

> > I'd be happy to consider mentoring again, with the libraries I'm
> > (co-)maintaining: Boost.Python, Boost.GIL, Boost.uBLAS. For those who
> would
> > like to work on one of those and want to discuss possible areas of
> > contribution: please get in touch !
> >
> > (I may add a few suggestions to the wiki.)
> >

> > Stefan
> > --
> >
> >       ...ich hab' noch einen Koffer in Berlin...

Re: [GSoC 2019]

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 at 02:04, Ruchika Joshi via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have added my name as a potential mentor on Boost.Astronomy. Please let
> me know for further procedure required for becoming a mentor.

Go to https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/help/
Go to Resources > Student and Mentor Guides
Go to https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/resources/guide
Go to "Read the Mentor guide"
Land at https://google.github.io/gsocguides/mentor/

There is not much of Boost-specific info for mentors, but worth to check are
- general info
https://www.boost.org/community/gsoc.html
- new Wiki
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code%3A-Overview
- GSoC hints on old wiki
https://svn.boost.org/trac10/wiki/SoCHints

Re: GSoC 2019

David,

I would like to be a mentor if that is fine for you.
I think after having pushed my tensor library into the development branch
and hopefully master, I would like to enhance uBLAS push our tensor project
with new interfaces and new features.

Best
Cem

Am Di., 29. Jan. 2019 um 07:36 Uhr schrieb David Bellot via Boost <
[hidden email]>:

> Hi Boost community,
>
> this year again we applied to the GSoC programm, Google Summer of Code. We
> hope to be as successfull as usual. I'm taking care of the admin work again
> this year. I completed an application for Boost on the Google website. It
> is somehow similar to our successfull applications from previous years.
>
> What we need from the community now is the following:
>
> 1) if you want to be a backup admin (I will need maybe one or two extra
> names at most), please let me know and I'll send you an invite.
>
> 2) if you wish to be a mentor, please let us know now and if possible on
> this mailing list so that students will be aware of it too. Don't forget to
> put the [gsoc2019] tag in the header of your email.
>
> You can write your proposals on this wiki:
> https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code:-2019
> Ideally, we want to see many proposals before beginning of next week.
>
> 3) if you are a student and wants to participate, it's about time to speak
> loudly on the mailing list to pair with a potential mentor. The sooner the
> better. You can find ideas from previous years here:
> https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code%3A-Overview
>
> Happy coding.
> David

Re: GSoC 2019

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi Cem,

sure. Great news. Welcome aboard.
Do register on the google website as a mentor and add your project to the
wiki now:
https://github.com/boostorg/boost/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code:-2019
Cheers,
David