[GSOC18] Boost.Geometry Project 1 : Similarity between geometries

[GSOC18] Boost.Geometry Project 1 : Similarity between geometries

Boost - Dev mailing list
I am Sagar Gupta, a student of IIT Mandi, pursuing my Bachelors in Computer
Science.
I want to work on the Project 1 of Similarity between Geometries. I read the
source code of geometry and regarding the Frechet distance and its different
variations and tried to work with it. Also I tried the competency test.

Its my first time for GSOC but I have some good experience in C++ (from
different projects and competitive programming). I wish to know where should
I send the competency test? I wish to work on this project as it is a great
learning experience which I realized while working on the implementation of
Frechet Distance between linestrings.

Thanks and Regards
Sagar Gupta

--
Sent from: http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/Boost-Dev-f2600599.html

Re: [GSOC18] Boost.Geometry Project 1 : Similarity between geometries

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi Sagar,

On 30 January 2018 at 12:44, sagarvijaygupta via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am Sagar Gupta, a student of IIT Mandi, pursuing my Bachelors in Computer
> Science.
> I want to work on the Project 1 of Similarity between Geometries. I read the
> source code of geometry and regarding the Frechet distance and its different
> variations and tried to work with it. Also I tried the competency test.
>
> Its my first time for GSOC but I have some good experience in C++ (from
> different projects and competitive programming). I wish to know where should
> I send the competency test? I wish to work on this project as it is a great
> learning experience which I realized while working on the implementation of
> Frechet Distance between linestrings.

thanks for your interest and the question. Either you send your tests
to the potential
mentor (that is me) or you put your code to github and post a link to this list.
In any case you will have to add your test to your proposal if boost is selected
by google.

Best,
Vissarion

> Thanks and Regards
> Sagar Gupta
>

> --
> Sent from: http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/Boost-Dev-f2600599.html

Re: [GSOC18] Boost.Geometry Project 1 : Similarity between geometries

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi Vissarion

I have mailed you the competency test. Kindly check and provide your
valuable feedback along with further improvements to do in it.

Regards
Sagar

--
Sent from: http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/Boost-Dev-f2600599.html