[GSOC] [boost.multiprecision] Regarding test cases.

[GSOC] [boost.multiprecision] Regarding test cases.

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hello,
In the project of Multiprecision Big Number Types I have completed
programming competency test but I want to know how test cases for higher
precision will be generated? Is there any platform where we can compare
desired output with my output?  It will be more helpful.for me for
proceeding in this project..

Thank you

Regards,
Abhay Singh Yadav

Re: [GSOC] [boost.multiprecision] Regarding test cases.

Boost - Dev mailing list
 Dear Abday,
Sorry about the late response. Thingshave been a bit hectic at work recently.
You can generate test cases for certain high-precisioncalculations as Wolfram Alpha. This is, however,honestly a bit slow, manual and tedious, and therebynot well suited for generation  of large and detailedsets of tast data for tich test suites. But for a few cases,Wolfram Alpha can be a super cool and good way to go.
For instance, go here:http://www.wolframalpha.com
You must use elements of the so-called Wolfram Languageto get exact numerical results. This is the Languageused in the program Mathematica.

Try a simple command such as:N[Pi, 101]
Then try another command such as1234567812345678*5555555555555555555555555555555
Or another command such as:N[Sqrt[2], 10001]
Kind regards, Chris

    On Saturday, March 21, 2020, 8:40:25 PM GMT+1, Abhay Yadav via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Hello,
In the project of Multiprecision Big Number Types I have completed
programming competency test but I want to know how test cases for higher
precision will be generated? Is there any platform where we can compare
desired output with my output?  It will be more helpful.for me for
proceeding in this project..

Thank you

Regards,
Abhay Singh Yadav

Re: [GSOC] [boost.multiprecision] Regarding test cases.

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 at 03:59, Christopher Kormanyos via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

>  Dear Abday,
> Sorry about the late response. Thingshave been a bit hectic at work
> recently.
> You can generate test cases for certain high-precisioncalculations as
> Wolfram Alpha. This is, however,honestly a bit slow, manual and tedious,
> and therebynot well suited for generation  of large and detailedsets of
> tast data for tich test suites. But for a few cases,Wolfram Alpha can be a
> super cool and good way to go.

An easy to use interpreted language [repl] with bigint built-in is another
solution, like SWI Prolog or Julia.

degski
--
@systemdeg
"We value your privacy, click here!" Sod off! - degski

Re: [GSOC] [boost.multiprecision] Regarding test cases.

Boost - Dev mailing list
> An easy to use interpreted language [repl] with
> bigint built-in is another solution, like SWI Prolog or Julia.

Oh, Yes. Now that you mention it,
numerous modern script languages have "big int"
and/or "big float".

Python and Java have them, such as the Java classes
"BigInt" and BigFloat".

Sorry, that really slipped my mind.

Kind regards, Chris

Sent from my iPhone