GSOC 2020 UBLAS

Boost - uBLAS mailing list
Respected Sir,

I am Samir Kumar studying at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India. I wanted to participate in GSOC 2020 and found your project to be interesting as I have already been working in C++ for the past 5 years. So this project will be easier for me to work with. But I am a novice in the open-source field. So I wanted a step by step guideline of how to proceed from contributing to the project, to submitting a proposal that has a higher chance of getting selected, so that I can start preparing for the summers. I would be very grateful for your guidance.

Samir Kumar,
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India
Sent to: [hidden email]

Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: GSOC 2020 UBLAS

Boost - uBLAS mailing list
I have started working on programming competency test and had a few doubts in mind.

1. Is it possible to work on this project if I am starting now, as I am a little late.

2. Can you suggest some good resources to learn about the expression templates. Also where should I show my progress of the competency test?

3. I wanted to work on "Project 1: convert uBlas to C++20 technologies" but it seems someone is already working on the project. So I wanted to know if I could work on the same project or if possible I can work on a different project in uBlas if I could get proper guidance.

Samir Kumar

Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: GSOC 2020 UBLAS

Boost - uBLAS mailing list

Am So., 22. März 2020 um 08:53 Uhr schrieb Samir Kumar <[hidden email]>:
I have started working on programming competency test and had a few doubts in mind.

1. Is it possible to work on this project if I am starting now, as I am a little late.

As far as I know, yes you can. (31st of March). However, please verify again on the GSoC page.

2. Can you suggest some good resources to learn about the expression templates. Also where should I show my progress of the competency test?

3. I wanted to work on "Project 1: convert uBlas to C++20 technologies" but it seems someone is already working on the project. So I wanted to know if I could work on the same project or if possible I can work on a different project in uBlas if I could get proper guidance.

You can either apply for the same project or choose another one from the list or propose a new project.

Samir Kumar

Best,
Cem