[GRAPH] Is the HP aCC compiler supported?

[GRAPH] Is the HP aCC compiler supported?

rohit wadhwa
Can I use BGL with HP aCC compiler? If so, what version?

Any help is really appreciated.

Rohit.

Re: [GRAPH] Is the HP aCC compiler supported?

Doug Gregor-2
On Feb 8, 2006, at 12:01 PM, rohit wadhwa wrote:
> Can I use BGL with HP aCC compiler? If so, what version?

We don't test regularly with HP aCC and I haven't heard of anyone using
the BGL. If the compiler tends to have problems with any kind of
complicated template code, it probably won't be able to compile the
Graph library.

        Doug

Re: [GRAPH] Is the HP aCC compiler supported?

Gubenko, Boris
The aCC V6 compiler is not listed as a supported compiler with boost
because nobody is running boost regression tests with this compiler,
but we are working on this...

I ran boost regression tests with aCC A.06.06 for the latest boost
release: 1.33.1 and the results were on par with that for the supported
compilers. Specifically, for the graph library, 32 tests succeeded and
two tests failed to compile: graphviz_test and layout_test.

graphviz_test failed to compile with:

"/opt/aCC/include_std/utility", line 103: error #2144: a value of type
 "const char *" cannot be used to initialize an entity of type
 "std::pair<char [2], char [2]>::first_type"

layout_test failed to compile because the compiler ran out of memory.

I used extended acc jamfile with some compilation warnings disabled,
like "#2340-D: value copied to temporary, reference to temporary used",
"#2068-D: integer conversion resulted in a change of sign", "#2111-D:
statement is unreachable", ...etc.

I suggest, you try BGL with aCC V6.

Boris Gubenko
HP C++ team

> Can I use BGL with HP aCC compiler? If so, what version?
>
> Any help is really appreciated.
>
> Rohit.

Re: [GRAPH] Is the HP aCC compiler supported?

Oliver.Kowalke-2
Hello,
aCC V6 is only available on HP/UX 11 Itanium systems. On HP/UX 11.11
PA-RISC only the old 3.x versions are available which are unable to
compile boost libraries. I use gcc 3.4.4 on HP/UX together with boost -
works fine.
Oliver