[GIL] Boost gil and constexpr

It seems that the development on boost::gil is starting again on boost 1.68, and I have an advise: I think boost::gil would strongly benefits on using constexpr in the code, it would make a lot of things statically resolved. There's a huge work to put this everywhere, but I think it would be nice. Just an idea.

Re: [GIL] Boost gil and constexpr

Boost - Users mailing list
Hi Eloi,

you're correct and so many other features like variadric templates, for instance.

Regards,
Christian

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 4:09 PM Eloi Du Bois via Boost-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

It seems that the development on boost::gil is starting again on boost 1.68, and I have an advise: I think boost::gil would strongly benefits on using constexpr in the code, it would make a lot of things statically resolved. There's a huge work to put this everywhere, but I think it would be nice. Just an idea.

Re: [GIL] Boost gil and constexpr

On 16 July 2018 at 20:50, Eloi Du Bois via Boost-users

> It seems that the development on boost::gil is starting again on boost 1.68,
> and I have an advise: I think boost::gil would strongly benefits on using
> constexpr in the code, it would make a lot of things statically resolved.
> There's a huge work to put this everywhere, but I think it would be nice.
> Just an idea.

Christian has already confirmed those C++ features are/will be considered.
We have already started modernization of GIL code
and the more we look into it the list of tasks is getting longer.

Pull requests are welcome!

Re: [GIL] Boost gil and constexpr

Boost - Users mailing list
That is good news, I would really like but cannot do some opensource right now.