Quantcast

Fwd: b2 install not copying all headers

Boost - Build mailing list
I run:
./bootstrap.sh --prefix=./install --with-libraries=system,filesystem,program_options
and then:
./b2 install

I get the following under ./install/include/boost:
config
detail
filesystem
program_options
system
cerrno.hpp
config.hpp
cstdint.hpp
limits.hpp
version.hpp

Under the top directories there I get all the sub-headers for each library. But I don't get the main ones (the ones you actually include in a dependent program):
system.hpp
filesystem.hpp
program_options.hpp

What am I doing wrong here?

Re: Fwd: b2 install not copying all headers

Boost - Build mailing list
AMDG

On 03/10/2017 05:14 PM, Philip Fackler via Boost-build wrote:

> I run:
> ./bootstrap.sh --prefix=./install
> --with-libraries=system,filesystem,program_options
> and then:
> ./b2 install
>
> I get the following under ./install/include/boost:
> config
> detail
> filesystem
> program_options
> system
> cerrno.hpp
> config.hpp
> cstdint.hpp
> limits.hpp
> version.hpp
>
> Under the top directories there I get all the sub-headers for each library.
> But I don't get the main ones (the ones you actually include in a dependent
> program):
> system.hpp
> filesystem.hpp
> program_options.hpp
>
> What am I doing wrong here?

Try running './b2 headers' before installing.
(This is definitely a bug.  I've been working
on a fix, but it's been low priority because
it only affects git, not the actual releases.)

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

Re: Fwd: b2 install not copying all headers

Boost - Build mailing list
That worked. Very easy work-around. Thank you.