Fwd: Markdown to Quickbook

Boost - Dev mailing list
As boost-docs may not be as popular among subscribers
as the development list, I'm bumping my chances for solution...

Re: Fwd: Markdown to Quickbook

Boost - Dev mailing list
You wouldn't want to do that ;)

But some markdown processors will convert to docbook:
https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html

So rather than using quickbook as a front end to docbook, that would let
you use markdown in a similar way.

Or you could go directly from markdown to html but use our css
stylesheets for a similar look and feel.

The catch with either, is hooking our stylesheets up to whatever your
markdown processor produces - particularly with regard to syntax
highlighting etc.

In short you will need to experiment I suspect.

HTH, John.

On 12/11/2019 10:23, Mateusz Loskot via Boost wrote:

> As boost-docs may not be as popular among subscribers
> as the development list, I'm bumping my chances for solution...

You definitely wouldn't want to do that ;)

I've had some experience in converting documentation and I concluded that it was
easier to start from the displayed text and copy'n'paste into a Quickbook file,
adding layout as I went.

If the files have Doxygen-syntax comments , then these will form a reference
section with little or no effort.

But have you have to be 'fluent' in Quickbook, of course.

Paul

Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse
Kendal, Cumbria
LA8 8AB           UK

On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 at 13:59, John Maddock via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> You wouldn't want to do that ;)

John (and Paul too),

Thank you for the warnings and pointers.

In fact, I am not looking for a fully-featured conversion.
I just want to convert release notes [1] from .md to .qbk,
where the .md has a simple structure of headings
and bullet points. Manually conversion will do, for now.

[1] https://github.com/boostorg/gil/blob/develop/RELEASES.md