Future of the MaybeBoost Hash Library

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi!

I was looking for a header-only library to compute SHA512 and found a very
interesting project: The MaybeBoost Hash Library (
https://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~smcmur/hash/) that implements SHA/MD5 ect.

In 2010 there was a discussion (
http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/rfc-Preliminary-Hash-Library-td2668722.html)
about making it one of the Boost subprojects but nothing happened.  Maybe
some of you guys know what's the matter?

--
- Ilia

Re: Future of the MaybeBoost Hash Library

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 3:02 PM Ilia K via Boost <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I was looking for a header-only library to compute SHA512 and found a very
> interesting project: The MaybeBoost Hash Library (
> https://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~smcmur/hash/) that implements SHA/MD5 ect.
>
> In 2010 there was a discussion (
>
> http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/rfc-Preliminary-Hash-Library-td2668722.html
> )
> about making it one of the Boost subprojects but nothing happened.  Maybe
> some of you guys know what's the matter?
>
> --
> - Ilia

I think Peter Dimov was working on a hashing library for boost.  I still
think it would be
a useful addition as we have duplicate hashing implementations in a few
repositories.

- Jim