Freelance work: Improvements on a spirit based parser to deal with keywords

Freelance work: Improvements on a spirit based parser to deal with keywords

Marco Craveiro
Hi spirit-general,

I have a small C++ code generator called Dogen[1]. It uses Spirit to
perform very simple parsing. You can find the parsing code here [2]
and its tests here [3]. I am far from a spirit expert and as such the
parser has quite a few problems; I'm afraid I do not have the time to
read up on spirit in order to resolve these issues. So I was wondering
if any of the subscribers of this list are interested in freelance
work.

You do not need to understand any of the code for the code generator
other than those two files. The task in itself is rather small (at
least to start off with): to fix the parser so that strings such as
"longer" do not match the built-in type "long"[4]. However, if you'd
like to suggest other improvements, I may be willing to take those on
board as well.

If you are interested, please send me a direct email so we can discuss
this further (prices, timescales, etc). Work would be done in a fork
of Dogen in GitHub and submitted as a Pull Request. Payment would be
done over PayPal once the Pull Request is merged (all review comments
are dealt with etc.).

Cheers
--
Marco Craveiro

MD, Domain Driven Consulting
about: http://about.me/marcocraveiro
blog: http://mcraveiro.blogspot.co.uk
twitter: https://twitter.com/MarcoCraveiro

That the Ideas are themselves manifestations (of the Idea-Idea) and
that the Idea-Idea is a-kind-of Manifestation-Idea—which is a-kind-of
itself, so that the system is completely self-describing— would have
been appreciated by Plato as an extremely practical joke [Plato]. --
Alan Key

[1] https://github.com/DomainDrivenConsulting/dogen
[2] https://github.com/DomainDrivenConsulting/dogen/blob/master/projects/yarn/src/types/name_tree_parser.cpp
[3] https://github.com/DomainDrivenConsulting/dogen/blob/master/projects/yarn/tests/name_tree_parser_tests.cpp
[4] https://github.com/DomainDrivenConsulting/dogen/blob/master/doc/agile/product_backlog.org#partial-matching-of-built-ins-doesnt-work-for-certain-types

Re: Freelance work: Improvements on a spirit based parser to deal with keywords

sehe
On 03-02-17 11:49, Marco Craveiro wrote:

> Hi spirit-general,
>
> I have a small C++ code generator called Dogen[1]. It uses Spirit to
> perform very simple parsing. You can find the parsing code here [2]
> and its tests here [3]. I am far from a spirit expert and as such the
> parser has quite a few problems; I'm afraid I do not have the time to
> read up on spirit in order to resolve these issues. So I was wondering
> if any of the subscribers of this list are interested in freelance
> work.
>
> You do not need to understand any of the code for the code generator
> other than those two files. The task in itself is rather small (at
> least to start off with): to fix the parser so that strings such as
> "longer" do not match the built-in type "long"[4]. However, if you'd
> like to suggest other improvements, I may be willing to take those on
> board as well.
>
> If you are interested, please send me a direct email so we can discuss
> this further (prices, timescales, etc). Work would be done in a fork
> of Dogen in GitHub and submitted as a Pull Request. Payment would be
> done over PayPal once the Pull Request is merged (all review comments
> are dealt with etc.).
>
> Cheers

Haha. Your build brought my 32Gb box on its knees with OOM errors :)

Anyhoops, I sent a PR. I have some more questions (possibly leading to
improvements) if you care.

https://github.com/DomainDrivenConsulting/dogen/pull/2

Cheers,

Seth

Re: Freelance work: Improvements on a spirit based parser to deal with keywords

Marco Craveiro
Hi Seth,

> Haha. Your build brought my 32Gb box on its knees with OOM errors :)
>
> Anyhoops, I sent a PR. I have some more questions (possibly leading to
> improvements) if you care.
>
> https://github.com/DomainDrivenConsulting/dogen/pull/2

thanks very much for that. I'm slightly surprised you had OOM errors -
I'm building it in CI on Windows/Linux/OSX with a lot less RAM and it
seems to build ok across the board :-) what caused the OOMs do you
know? I need to reinstate my valgrind nightlies...

At any rate, regarding the freelance work: I also started talking to
Klemens Morgenstern first, so I'll have to give him priority. But I
will email everyone directly so we're all on the same page.

Thanks very much for the interest and quick response.