Finding directory of a file

Boost - Build mailing list
Given a filename with no path, how can I find the directory of that
file, starting my search from some specified directory, in Boost Build ?

Re: Finding directory of a file

Boost - Build mailing list
On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 8:56 PM Edward Diener via Boost-build <[hidden email]> wrote:
Given a filename with no path, how can I find the directory of that
file, starting my search from some specified directory, in Boost Build ?

Do you mean finding the full path if you have a relative path? It's hard to answer this one without knowing what you mean by "file".

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

On 3/6/2020 10:13 PM, Rene Rivera via Boost-build wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 6, 2020 at 8:56 PM Edward Diener via Boost-build
>
>     Given a filename with no path, how can I find the directory of that
>     file, starting my search from some specified directory, in Boost Build ?
>

> Do you mean finding the full path if you have a relative path? It's hard
> to answer this one without knowing what you mean by "file".

By "file" I mean just the filename without any directory. I think
path.glob-tree is my answer and then do $(some_result:D) to get the
directory. Sorry, I should have investigated further before I posted the
question.