Extending GIL

Boost - Dev mailing list
Having looked up this repository : https://github.com/boost-gil/gil_threaded,
I feel the idea was the same, but a lot of improvement can be made. For
example, by using OpenMP, I feel the computational performance can be
massively improved and that too, not requiring any extremely sophisticated
hardware. Also, there was no provision for image conversion, which I feel
is a very good extension. What do you all think?

Re: Extending GIL

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Sat, 7 Dec 2019 at 01:12, Siddhartha Sen via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Having looked up this repository : https://github.com/boost-gil/gil_threaded,
> I feel the idea was the same, but a lot of improvement can be made.

Good, sounds like you may have a plan in mind

> Also, there was no provision for image conversion, which I feel

Please, you need to be more specific here.
What kind of conversion do you mean: color, channel/pixel type, format,...?

p.s. I forwarded your post to the GIL mailing list
https://lists.boost.org/boost-gil/2019/12/0362.php