Error clonning ublas in modular-boost.

Joaquim Duran Comas
Hello all,

I've created a Windows based virtual machine. I would like to clone modular-boost as shown in the instruccions of the wiki, but it is not possible to checkout ublas:

C:\Users\qduran\development\modular-boost>"c:\Program Files (x86)\Git\
bin/git" submodule update --init --recursive
fatal: reference is not a tree: 6ef6cd8ba14d5a5e109324c5c781a2a407d8767f

The commit 6ef6cd8ba14d5a5e109324c5c781a2a407d8767f is only present in boostorg/ublas master branch. I remembed that this issue also occured previously.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Joaquim Duran

Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: Error clonning ublas in modular-boost.

Nasos Iliopoulos
There is some code that shoulnd't be in ublas/master and I have asked for it to be removed. After that I will push a pull request to boostorg/ublas master and make sure the two masters are the same.

I made some changes and you should be able to init from the repository. It will start in a detached state but you can switch to master after that. You will need to pull again after the master is back to normal.

-Nasos

On 05/22/2015 06:14 PM, Joaquim Duran Comas wrote:
Hello all,

I've created a Windows based virtual machine. I would like to clone modular-boost as shown in the instruccions of the wiki, but it is not possible to checkout ublas:

C:\Users\qduran\development\modular-boost>"c:\Program Files (x86)\Git\
bin/git" submodule update --init --recursive
fatal: reference is not a tree: 6ef6cd8ba14d5a5e109324c5c781a2a407d8767f

The commit 6ef6cd8ba14d5a5e109324c5c781a2a407d8767f is only present in boostorg/ublas master branch. I remembed that this issue also occured previously.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Joaquim Duran

Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: Error clonning ublas in modular-boost.

Rajaditya Mukherjee
Hi Nasos,

This is my commit. Is there somethign wrong?

I usually check everything into the separate branch. Please let me know ASAP.

Rajaditya Mukherjee
3rd Year Graduate Student
Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering
The Ohio State University
Columbus, Ohio
Tel :- +1-(614)-271-4439

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 12:05 PM, Nasos Iliopoulos <[hidden email]> wrote:
David,
can we undo this commit on master in uBlas/uBlas?

 https://github.com/boostorg/ublas/commit/bdfbbc4d8c343fc173ef5f403a982edb337821a0

and move this one to the develop branch in uBlas/uBlas?
https://github.com/boostorg/ublas/commit/21b73190b2d7c35da4ec48277106d7cd99c8efc1

we are stuck with further commits and it would be bad to keep the master at this state.

-Nasos

Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: Error clonning ublas in modular-boost.

Nasos Iliopoulos
The issue is that we should not be commiting anything to the master branch. The master branch only accepts merges from the develop branch. Also the ublas/ublas master and the boostorg/ublas branches has to be always (except when requesting a pull of course) the same.

Can you please perform the changes so we make sure that everything is in compliance?

In general:
A. development:
Commit into ublas/ublas develop or appropraite branches ( bug, feature etc)

B. Regression testing:
- merge first into ublas/ublas develop (if you are using another branch) and then make a pull request in to boostorg/ublas develop from ublas/ublas develop.

- wait a few days for the results to show in http://www.boost.org/development/tests/develop/developer/numeric-ublas.html

C. Merging into master (only at release dates):
merge from ublas/ublas develop in ublas/ublas master and then make a pull request to boostorg/ublas master

Let me know if this is not clear enough.

Please remember medium to big feature packs better be in their own branch and not just in develop.

Thank you!
Nasos

On 07/27/2015 12:29 PM, Rajaditya Mukherjee wrote:
[...]

Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: Error clonning ublas in modular-boost.

David Bellot
Hi Nasos,

yes you can undo it. It was a mistake.
It should have been in a separate branch.
Sorry for the late reply, I was abroad without an Internet connection.

Cheers,
David

Sent to: [hidden email]

Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: Error clonning ublas in modular-boost.

David Bellot
yes sure, of course you can remove them. It's the gsoc work but it's not yet ready and has been commited there by mistake.
But it's a very promising work by the way !!!

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 3:00 PM, Nasos Iliopoulos <[hidden email]> wrote:
can you please confirm it is ok to remove hessenberg.hpp and householder.hpp from master?

On 07/27/2015 12:29 PM, Rajaditya Mukherjee wrote:
Hi Nasos,

This is my commit. Is there somethign wrong?

I usually check everything into the separate branch. Please let me know ASAP.

Rajaditya Mukherjee
3rd Year Graduate Student
Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering
The Ohio State University
Columbus, Ohio
Tel :- <a href="tel:%2B1-%28614%29-271-4439" value="+16142714439" target="_blank">+1-(614)-271-4439

Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: Error clonning ublas in modular-boost.

Nasos Iliopoulos
David,
I removed hessenberg.hpp and householder.hpp, merged into develop and created two pull requests: one for develop and one for master. Those also solve some other minor issues.

Can you please accept them both asap?

Thanks!
Nasos

Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: Error clonning ublas in modular-boost.

Joaquim Duran Comas
Nasos,

IMO, the proposed change requests are wrong. They should be:

1 - Merge ublas/ublas develop to ublas/ublas master.

2 - Merge ublas/ublas master to boostorg/ublas master.

Since I'm collaborating with ublas, I've never merged changes to boostorg/ublas develp branch.

Joaquim Duran

Sent to: [hidden email]

Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: Error clonning ublas in modular-boost.

Nasos Iliopoulos
Joaquim,
we would do that if the develop was ready for release. We need to run the regression tests first (that run automatically on the boostorg/develop branch)

-Nasos

On 08/05/2015 05:52 PM, Joaquim Duran Comas wrote:
[...]

Tel :- <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%2B1-%28614%29-271-4439" value="+16142714439" target="_blank">+1-(614)-271-4439